Rising Sun Member Forums  

Go Back   Rising Sun Member Forums > Toyota 4x4 > Trip and Event Reports

Old 08-24-2011, 04:55 PM
Rising Sun Member

Default SOTM run up Spring Creek 8-23-2011

Well it was just my friend Rick and I, we hit the trailhead about 8:15 or so. The first climb up the slab was tougher than usual as it was well dug out and we could not get enough traction to make it up while not choosing to air down any more than we were. This is the first time I have not gone up the slab and driven around it. The rest of the trail was the same other than the Rock Garden and the sharp left turn to go up the hill about 1/4 mile before the RG, these were quite dug out as well. The fun thing about this trail is that you really never know just what to expect and depending on the level of digging and stacking that has gone on these two spots can really change.. After making it up to the top, we decided to go down the Saxon side into Glenwood Springs, WOW what a road. I really like this route over taking a left and meandering down the forest roads, as you will see in the pics, the views are spectacular!! We aired up and were headed back home by 1:00..

Here is a bunch of scrap steel laying all over the road about half way down Saxon Mountain

trail rig
Trinidad, CO
Old 08-24-2011, 06:22 PM
Rising Sun Commander

Holy Dodge! that's cool he wheels that.. usually you just see those at Home Depot with a big drop hitch..

www.gamiviti.com