Rising Sun Member Forums  

Go Back   Rising Sun Member Forums > Toyota 4x4 > General Chit Chat

Old 10-06-2005, 06:47 PM
Wincher

Default Middle St. Vrain/Coney Flats Saturday the 8th...

For those of us who didnt get to go on the outlaws run for one reason or another Im planning to run Middle S. V./Coney Flats on Saturday(gates close for the season pretty soon). This is one of my favorite trails near Boulder and is a fun one for stock and modified alike. Would recommend at least 31" tires or maybe a couple inches of lift, but is passable in a completely stock Yota with a little patience. The weather should be really nice on Saturday so I hope there is some interest...I will post details about meeting place/time tommorrow evening...
Old 10-07-2005, 01:45 PM
Trail Ready

May meet you up there! Trying to decide between this run and one to Wheeler Lake. I haven't done either one, so input on the two would be great??????
Old 10-07-2005, 03:01 PM
Wincher

I haven't done Wheeler Lake so I cant speak for the experience. It looks pretty nice from the reviews I have read. Lots of good views and elevation gain...with a few good but very doable obstacles throughout. As for MSV/Coney Flats, as I mentioned it is one of my faves...partly because of the close proximity to the Front Range, but mostly because of the varied terrain. The trail winds through the woods for many miles encountering several large boulder obstacles that are challenging for a stock truck, but tons-o-fun for the modified rig. This trail is well known for the deep water crossing at the top. It is rarely less than 24" deep and can top out at 36"+ with snowmelt. Good place to stop and eat lunch...and watch ATVs get waterlogged trying to cross. This is a multiuse trail so there can be a bit of traffic, but usually nothing serious. After MSV/CF, I usually ride over to Caribou Creek and make a quick jaunt through this short but fun trail and then back to Nederland...
Old 10-07-2005, 05:02 PM
Wincher

Well then fellas...cant tell if anyone is planning to come out, but either way ill be there. This info is for the Middle St Vrain/Coney Flats trails. Meeting place will be in Nederland at the Gas Station adjacent to the roundabout just as you enter town(coming up Canyon from Boulder) Meeting time will be 9:30am for a 10:00 departure. I would encourage everyone to come out to this trail if you havnt run it before...its one you need to check off your list. See yas later