Rising Sun Member Forums  

Go Back   Rising Sun Member Forums > Toyota 4x4 > General Tech Forum

Old 12-14-2011, 02:31 PM
Rising Sun Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockrod View Post
The fan I am using is an OEM ford fan. here's a shot of it sitting on the stock '94 radiator.

If it doesn't work, then I will switch to the mechanical fan.
Yep, those fans fit well and move a lot of air, that's why folks like them
82 FJ40
Old 12-14-2011, 03:02 PM
Lifted

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockrod View Post
Also forgot to mention - integrating the toyota AC system. This will be a bit more challenging but I think I found a solution for this as well. I have to have a custom discharge and suction hose made up so that they will fit the toyota condensor and evap ports on one side and the denso compressor on the engine side.
So you're planning on using the Toyota A/C compressor on the GM engine?! Will the same brackets work for mounting it?! I don't get it...
Old 12-14-2011, 03:08 PM
Administrator

I want to drive it when you're done. Can't believe you're doing this with a full time job and triplet 2 year olds
Old 12-14-2011, 03:26 PM
Rising Sun Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kipper View Post
I want to drive it when you're done. Can't believe you're doing this with a full time job and triplet 2 year olds
I agree quite a feat!!

I had custom hoses made for my rig and used the Toyota evaporator and condensor alone with the gm compressor. It works pretty well. The ac idle up uses a separate computer from gm to control it so I never hooked that up. I do use the stock Toyota controls to cycle the compressor though.. The pressure, temp, and rpm switch. I am sure you can do something similar in the 80.
82 FJ40
Old 12-14-2011, 07:05 PM
Hard Core 4+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kipper View Post
Can't believe you're doing this with a full time job and triplet 2 year olds
He is going to quit his job and do this for the rest of us once he has it all figured out
Old 12-14-2011, 09:33 PM
Lifted

Quote:
Originally Posted by Overlander View Post
So you're planning on using the Toyota A/C compressor on the GM engine?! Will the same brackets work for mounting it?! I don't get it...
I will use the GM compressor (it's actually a denso because they are the oem supplier for gm). The adaptation comes from the line sets.

powered by an all-aluminum 335hp L33 Vortec V8

2004 Kona Stinky dee-lux.
Old 12-14-2011, 09:36 PM
Lifted

Quote:
Originally Posted by rover67 View Post
I agree quite a feat!!

I had custom hoses made for my rig and used the Toyota evaporator and condensor alone with the gm compressor. It works pretty well. The ac idle up uses a separate computer from gm to control it so I never hooked that up. I do use the stock Toyota controls to cycle the compressor though.. The pressure, temp, and rpm switch. I am sure you can do something similar in the 80.
supposedly the vortec pcm will sense the drag from the compressor and self compensate the idle. There is an input to tell the pcm the a/c is on but it's a CAN input from the body module on the gm truck so no dice trying to make the toyota a/c amplifier tell the pcm the a/c is on. I will have an input to the fan relay set to trigger a small pusher fan mounted in front of the condenser to help with low speed a/c performance.