Rising Sun Member Forums  

Go Back   Rising Sun Member Forums > Toyota 4x4 > General Chit Chat

Old 03-04-2012, 12:36 PM
Hard Core 4+

One thing I didn't see mentioned: If you go with a new vehicle, don't forget to factor in license/registration fees in the initial cost. It can be significant. On my 19k mazda, it was around 7-800 or so, iirc.
Old 03-04-2012, 12:49 PM
Rising Sun Member

Send a message via MSN to theboomboom

Well, when considering regular cab vs extended, I realize that the extended cab will never carry passengers as well as a sedan would. Nor will either get good gas mileage like a car would. So, in the case of the extended cab Tacoma, that small back area with "seats" for two is just too much of a compromise. I'd rather spend less up front for a regular cab truck, and plan on carpooling as a passenger rather than a driver when the situation arises. I had plenty of room for storage in my old truck inside the cab, utilizing space behind the seats and under them.

I emailed the seller of this truck, waiting to hear back about a time I could take a look at it and if he is firm on his price:

http://denver.craigslist.org/ctd/2877530632.html

I definitely like the V6, 5-speed, topper, and for that price I'd be looking at a comparable mid-size Toyota that is 6+ years older with an additional 100k on the clock.

1997 T100 4x4
Old 03-05-2012, 04:51 PM
Cruise Moab Committee

Quote:
Originally Posted by theboomboom View Post
Well, when considering regular cab vs extended, I realize that the extended cab will never carry passengers as well as a sedan would. Nor will either get good gas mileage like a car would. So, in the case of the extended cab Tacoma, that small back area with "seats" for two is just too much of a compromise. I'd rather spend less up front for a regular cab truck, and plan on carpooling as a passenger rather than a driver when the situation arises. I had plenty of room for storage in my old truck inside the cab, utilizing space behind the seats and under them.

I emailed the seller of this truck, waiting to hear back about a time I could take a look at it and if he is firm on his price:

http://denver.craigslist.org/ctd/2877530632.html

I definitely like the V6, 5-speed, topper, and for that price I'd be looking at a comparable mid-size Toyota that is 6+ years older with an additional 100k on the clock.
That would be an excellent choice if it's as nice as the ad implies.
Randy Rosetta KDKWX TLCA #19351 69 FJ40 "Meanie" & 1970 Boss 302 Mustang