Rising Sun Member Forums  

Go Back   Rising Sun Member Forums > Other Hobbies > Photography Corner

Old 03-20-2012, 10:55 PM

Default trying to find a life in photos

this photo was taken by my wife's son. he is 30 yrs old and trying to find his nich in life. i thought that MSLAVIN might enjoy his pics, as well as others, for more visit charles hildreth .com he just moved from denver to san fran to see if things will turn for the better and expirence life at a young age, hope you enjoy, i think he takes great digital pics and makes them better.
Attached Images

Old 03-21-2012, 07:38 AM
Hard Core 4+

Quote:
Originally Posted by bomber22 View Post
this photo was taken by my wife's son. he is 30 yrs old and trying to find his nich in life.
wow. he's very talented. i wish him the best of luck. it's an extremely competitive business, especially where he's headed. that being said, i miss being in it every morning that i crawl out of bed. i've never had so much fun with a "job" nor have i had a chance to meet so many interesting people and have such a positive impact on their lives.

i'm 39 and still trying to find my niche. i know photography is it but right now being a code monkey is paying the bills. hoping to find my way back very soon. software just makes me angry and i don't know how many 80+ hour weeks i have left in me.

if there's anything that i might be able to do for your son, get in touch. most of my contacts where in socal but i may still have a couple of names in the bay area.
Old 03-21-2012, 08:20 AM
Hard Core 4+

Quote:
Originally Posted by smslavin View Post
... right now being a code monkey is paying the bills. hoping to find my way back very soon. software just makes me angry and i don't know how many 80+ hour weeks i have left in me.
The nice thing about IT is, you can usually find a better situation. Life is too short to be angry and tired all the time.

Not a code monkey but application support, both IIS/ASP and Weblogic based custom apps along with normal C# crap. Kept me up long hours this week (got today off as a result) but usually not too bad.
KDěRCH
Bio Page
I'm that gun-totin', farm-raised, evangelical, pro-environment, OHV ridin'/drivin', Southern civil rights pro-labor Liberal yo' momma told you couldn't possibly exist.
Old 03-21-2012, 08:52 AM
Hard Core 4+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red_Chili View Post
Life is too short to be angry and tired all the time.
Not to totally hijack bomber's thread but that's one of the reasons we moved up here.

Definitely looking to try and flip things around but it's difficult with my position. I'm a software engineer for a massive industrial automation company. I work on projects for the advanced technology group (focus on cloud and mobile platforms), delivering projects to customers (hence the 80+ hr weeks) as well as working on their energy management solution. I also travel 50-75% time. When I'm not traveling, I work completely from home so that's somewhat of a silver lining.

Life is what you make it, change is on the wind, etc. Giving myself 2 years to figure it out.
Old 03-21-2012, 10:02 AM

thanks smslavin i will keep that in mind if he needing some help
, by the way your photos are pretty awsome too.