Rising Sun Member Forums  

Go Back   Rising Sun Member Forums > Toyota 4x4 > General Chit Chat

Old 03-26-2012, 09:54 PM
Hard Core 4+

Got a quote from ISP today for a 10K system, $100 a month $0 down. We could also buy it for about $14K and owe nothing with much more in savings. Adding a low 3% increase per year we would start saving after year 2 if we do $0 down if things stay status quo. We are planning on adding an air conditioner and a large Commercial freezer so our cost would increase per year realizing the savings sooner.

One thing I did not like about our sales personification that he called today saying we should sign soon because tier 2 is nearly out, it is not. Anyway I think we may go for it, PSC is only going to raise rates.

Smslavin did you get a quote yet? I am going to call one of the other companies listed above to see what they have to say. We may be Sun lovers in the near future.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockRunner;
keys = Man that is a whole story

TLCA #6136
Going under the knife again !

85 4runner Marlin Ultimate 5" lift 40" MTR's Soft top and doors Towed to Moab by the Big Blue Whale, 07.5 Dodge Mega Cab Laramie 4" lift covered and chiped No more slow lane for me
Old 04-04-2012, 12:17 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockRunner View Post
I know you do your research well and you know your stuff so it is easy to trust your opinion. What I want to know is, did you purchase or lease? Also what was your out of pocket cost?

We need to do something soon here, adding two big freezers to the house and possibly an electric heated floor in the master bath. I am on their website now and plan on calling them, do you get a referral fee? If so I will be sure to mention your name.
Sorry, I'm just getting back around to this. We leased, 20 years. We had a $0 out of pocket cost. I do get a referral or at least they did have a program going when I signed up 5 or 6 months ago. We were really happy with them every step of the way. My project manager was awesome, he let me choose how and where all the conduit was run, had the installers do extra work to hide everything, and he even had the electricians run all the wiring for 50amp breaker into my garage for a welder since I told him the back of my service box was totally stuffed full. Really cool guys. One of the electricians is Hank Caylor, world renowned base jumper. Very interesting guy to talk to, needless to say, he like to do things 'hot'.
Old 04-04-2012, 12:23 PM
Administrator

PS - my system is currently producing 7400 watts
PSS - here's hank: http://vimeo.com/39543055
Old 04-04-2012, 12:23 PM
Hard Core 4+

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockRunner View Post
Smslavin did you get a quote yet? I am going to call one of the other companies listed above to see what they have to say. We may be Sun lovers in the near future.
Not yet. House closes in two weeks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kipper
We leased, 20 years. We had a $0 out of pocket cost.
How does that work? What happens if you sell the house, is the lease transferable? Is the monthly payment low enough that it works out better than just buying the system?
Old 04-04-2012, 12:26 PM
Hard Core 4+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kipper View Post
PS - my system is currently producing 7400 watts
PSS - here's hank: http://vimeo.com/39543055
How much extra power are you generating?

Cool vid. Knew a few jumpers in SD. One was big into wing suits. They're at a different level.
Old 04-04-2012, 09:36 PM
Hard Core 4+

Quote:
Originally Posted by smslavin View Post
How does that work? What happens if you sell the house, is the lease transferable? Is the monthly payment low enough that it works out better than just buying the system?
Lease is for 20 years if you sell the lease can be transferred. Right now our payment would be nearly the same as our xcel payment but that is just for two of us. If you have kids you will save more since your usage will be more. The best thing is to buy it, saves the most money but we have to buy a new heater and A/C unit this year too so we decided to pay for that and lease the solar.

Call them when you close and see what they can build for you. We are getting a 10K system since our roof is large enough and covered by the sun all day. Your system may be smaller depending on your home and location to the sun. You can not get a bigger one since that is the largest they will install.

Quote:

TLCA #6136

85 4runner Marlin Ultimate 5" lift 40" MTR's Soft top and doors Towed to Moab by the Big Blue Whale, 07.5 Dodge Mega Cab Laramie 4" lift covered and chiped No more slow lane for me
Old 04-04-2012, 09:38 PM
Hard Core 4+

Kipper PM me your info so I can pass it along to the guy.

Quote:

TLCA #6136