Rising Sun Member Forums  

Go Back   Rising Sun Member Forums > Cruise Moab > Cruise Moab - TLCA Sanctioned Event hosted by Rising Sun

Old 04-29-2012, 11:24 PM
Honorary Canuck Member

Send a message via Yahoo to bigbluefj
Default 60 series third needed ASAP

Hey all there's a fellow down from Canada and he is in need of a 60 series third member he is in Moab now trying to locate parts, i was ask to post up to see if we could find him the parts he needs let me know and i'll pass the info on..

Kevin
Old 04-30-2012, 07:27 AM
Rising Sun Secretary

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluefj View Post
Hey all there's a fellow down from Canada and he is in need of a 60 series third member he is in Moab now trying to locate parts, i was ask to post up to see if we could find him the parts he needs let me know and i'll pass the info on..

Kevin
I have a front and a rear with the stock 3.73s sitting assembled in buckets in my back yard in Denver, but I am already in Grand Junction, and will be hitting Moab today. If somebody who hasn't left Denver yet is wiulling to pick it up, I would be willing to part with one. Have him call me if this would help him out. 303-455-8424 Sascha
2013 F-150 "Black Ops"
Old 04-30-2012, 07:46 AM
Hard Core 4+

I am bringing two up for Randy be there around 6-8 tonight

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockRunner;
keys = Man that is a whole story

TLCA #6136
Going under the knife again !

85 4runner Marlin Ultimate 5" lift 40" MTR's Soft top and doors Towed to Moab by the Big Blue Whale, 07.5 Dodge Mega Cab Laramie 4" lift covered and chiped No more slow lane for me
Old 04-30-2012, 07:48 PM
Cruise Moab Committee

Tyler Arnott's rear 3rd member blew up on Golden Spike yesterday. Tyler and Charla Downey (our esteemed TLCA international rep) stayed with the rig overnight while Dustin went to try to find parts. Reportedly, the carrier is broken, which implies that any full sized Land Cruiser carrier will work, assuming swapping over gears, pinion, etc. and such. Since in a semi floater you need the carrier to keep the axles in, we can assume that trying to get out in front wheel drive whilst being strapped over obstacle isn't an option. It's a Canadian rig and while some came with FFs, probably they wouldn't be still on the trail of it were a FF.

What I don't know at this point is (1) if they need a fully loaded 3rd, or just the carrier, I would assume the latter would be quickest and easiest, but we don't know what the gears are. Few wheelers keep the 3.70 gears. (2) If they've found something yet. I have emailed Dustin back that I have spares with 4.11s and coarse spline pinions, but haven't heard back from him via email. He left his phone number and I plan to call shortly. I can bring them a 4.11 spare tomorrow if it would help.
Rising Sun 4WD Club, TLCA #4063
http://american3dprinting.net/
Old 04-30-2012, 08:02 PM
Cruise Moab Committee

Just got off the phone with Dustin, Tyler's rig is all fixed and back in camp. They found a 3rd in camp, then swapped out the gears (turns out it was 4.56) and made it back. They're currently looking for some kind of locker. I told him just be happy that it's fixed, and that you can do most of those trails without a locker anyway!

Rising Sun 4WD Club, TLCA #4063
http://american3dprinting.net/
Old 04-30-2012, 08:16 PM
Hard Core 4+

Jeff everything has been fixed all the right here. I spoke to kevin and we're good to go we also have to carry are here complete set up so if they need any parts for okay

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockRunner;
keys = Man that is a whole story

TLCA #6136
Going under the knife again !

85 4runner Marlin Ultimate 5" lift 40" MTR's Soft top and doors Towed to Moab by the Big Blue Whale, 07.5 Dodge Mega Cab Laramie 4" lift covered and chiped No more slow lane for me