Rising Sun Member Forums  

Go Back   Rising Sun Member Forums > Toyota 4x4 > General Chit Chat

Old 04-29-2012, 05:31 PM
Hard Core 4+

Default another chapter closes :(

took the lift off of the t100 today. it's sad to not be able to see the roof line a parking lot now. No more rocks for johnny.

On the plus side, with all new brake components, and stock height plus big shocks, it rides like a pimp wagon.

It's duties from now on are fly fishing, hauling/towing and the occasional motorcycle carry.

now, if I could only find some 31x9.50's, I'd be in the money.

j

john (johnny) henley
Old 04-30-2012, 09:16 PM
Cruise Moab Committee

Send a message via AIM to Hulk

How come? What was wrong with the lift?
1996 FZJ80 TLCA #4189 WRDY
www.rustybrain.com/cruisers my Rising Sun bio Facebook Twitter Need satellite Internet? Check out: Exede Internet

If you think you can or think you can't, you're right.
Old 05-01-2012, 06:21 AM
Hard Core 4+

I dunno John's reasoning, but I ran lift to clear 33" tires, which required 5.29 gears. So when I decided I needed the money more than the lockers, it was easiest to sell whole thirds and install old factory 4.10 thirds. That meant I needed smaller tires and that made the lift unnecessary. It sorta looked silly.

The main benefit is that by going back to smaller tires and close to factory ride height we no longer have to jump up into the truck and can actually get in and out of the back. My tailgate is several inches lower.
Old 05-01-2012, 07:02 AM
Hard Core 4+

lives change, and this trucks purpose changed. When it was going camping more, it was worth putting up with the rough ride and increased wind noise, but without that need, it became a pain. Literally. Remember - we're talking leaf springs and IFS here, not like a 80/100/runner with those comfy coils and coilovers.

It was nice to be able to load 1500lbs in it, and tow a trailer, but I don't really have that need often. So, it goes over to being what ninety percent of the pickups out there are. a fishing - fs camping - dog hauling - load of mulch/rock/dirt -motorcycle hauling somewhat comfortable vehicle.

Plus, now I can actually get a motorcycle in the bed without it being a tryout stunt for americas funniest home videos.

j

john (johnny) henley