Rising Sun Member Forums  

Go Back   Rising Sun Member Forums > Toyota 4x4 > Trip and Event Reports

Old 05-10-2012, 10:02 AM
Club Treasurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacket View Post
How'd those door seals hold up Dan K.? Hopefully your 80 didn't look like Martin's 40.
Dry as a bone. I got a little worried when the water started coming over the hood, but what are you gonna do, back up? I think not.

67 FJ40 LC Tan
94 RN101 PU Pewter
95 FZJ80 LC Red
99 UZJ100 LC Black
00 VZN185 4Runner Highlander Jade
00 VZN185 4Runner SR5 Desert Dune
Old 05-11-2012, 09:24 AM
Wincher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacket View Post
Those night shots are great Dan! Is that when you were out messing around with the tripod?
Thanks! Was able to pull myself away from the fire and whiskey just long enough to snap a few.
Old 05-11-2012, 10:31 AM
Rising Sun Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CardinalFJ60 View Post
here's another linkie...of that trip to Delores, crossing it, and then some more...

http://www.flickr.com/photos/2287049...7629619582306/
Cool pics Shawn, thanks again for snapping some. I changed my avatar.

My first Cuise Moab without a camera.
Old 05-11-2012, 03:55 PM
Wincher

Loved the videos, Shawn!
'11 Kamparoo
Old 05-11-2012, 05:00 PM
Rising Sun Member

Default Hey Vince!

I looked for ya' and asked around if you were coming...sorry that we didn't get a chance to catch up. "Once and Outlaw, always and Outlaw"

I'll hit ya' on PM...you coming out this way in the summer?? (horseback riding, camping etc...July? June?)
Old 05-11-2012, 08:52 PM
Cruise Moab Committee

Hey Shawn, you got some pictures that haven't been put online yet? Todd want stuff for an article for Toyota Trails, and I just know some of those shots need your byline. "Specially Anny the hula gurl" shots...

Rising Sun 4WD Club, TLCA #4063
http://american3dprinting.net/
Old 05-12-2012, 08:42 AM
Rising Sun Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CardinalFJ60 View Post
here's a quick video of crossing the delores...(1000cfs)
Behind the reef or L'il wildhorse (can't remember which is which now)
What's with the cowbell?

Quote:
Originally Posted by dan1554 View Post
Some Hotel Rock shots. Daniel driving, Jacket busting some moves (aka spotting).
Please e-mail me full sized. they are great!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rzeppa View Post
Hey Shawn, you got some pictures that haven't been put online yet? Todd want stuff for an article for Toyota Trails, and I just know some of those shots need your byline. "Specially Anny the hula gurl" shots...
I think Jeff has a crush....
Old 05-12-2012, 09:44 PM
Rock Stacker

Had a great time this year. With the shop training day and leading the trail on friday I didn't get any pics until the unofficial run on Hellderado on sat.

All of my pics from CM12: http://public.fotki.com/mrboyle/expl...ise-moab-2012/

Thanks again to everyone that worked so hard to pull off another great event. Already looking forward to next year.
Old 05-14-2012, 08:51 AM
Rising Sun Commander

Whose 40 is that- the pic between Meanie and the SFA 4Runner.. I was checking that out at dinner for a bit, really nice stuff.

www.gamiviti.com

Old 05-14-2012, 09:05 AM
Rising Sun Member

Ok I'm back. Now that I've had a break and the Moab hangover is gone. I had a great time. Lots of work of course.

On Wed. I took a new comer to Moab in a well built FJC (Shannon) up Moab Rim. It was is his first run and he did well with me spotting him. Permanent smile from he and his wife. We found the 1/4 mile long Indian Art near the rim via a hike near the other spur road that Neil had been telling me about. That was cool.

Thursday I gunned for Dave K. on Elephant Hill. I hadnt run that before so that was scenic. I had a bunch of good conversations with a guy that later told me his name was Eric Vogt (former TLCA EVP and old school Moab participant). That was interesting.

Friday I led Hells Revenge. I was a bit sluggish thanks to a good time the previous night with Randys whiskey and fire. It was a quick and uneventful run without being able to run Hells gate, the hot tubs and escalator. We got to watch Gary W. and his group run Escalator. Gary put his LC on his side trying to get up and Montana Joe had to winch to get up since he got twisted.

Sat. I led the Golden Spike. I had 7 rigs from the Gotham City Cruisers on the run plus other experienced guys. They were a lot of fun and everyone but one person had HAM radios. They even had an extra handheld for the 1 person without so so he could listen in. So it was great being able to leave the CB alone. I followed the new well marked paint through a difficult spot up a narrow canyon to the top of slickrock and quickly realized that wasnt the correct route. Many got body damage getting through. There was no turning around and going back down would have a bad option. I later discovered that was the new trail system Where Eagles Dare. So I had the group split up. But, since we were able to communicate with the Hams we were all able to find a way back together and re-group. But, it set us back a hour or so. Either way that was my fault. I should have pre-run it again this year. We all had a blast on the rest of the trail and we were out about 6:30pm. A long day of course.

It was impressive to see so many people make it out from all over North America. Many of these people had been wanting to make it to the event for years and were finally able to get their rig ready, schedule the time, complete all the necessary planning and make the trip a reality.

It was also impressive to see all the support and enthusiasm from many of the Toyota vendors in the business showing up and wanting to be part of the event and with a desire to more a part of the event in the future.

Its quite an event we have built up over the years and I was proud to part of it.

I wasn't in picture taking mode. But, here are a few from Moab Rim, Elephant Hill and the face on the Spike.
Attached Images