Rising Sun Member Forums  

Go Back   Rising Sun Member Forums > Toyota 4x4 > General Tech Forum

Notices

Old 04-03-2012, 10:40 AM
Cruise Moab Committee

If you've already had it off and the lifter galley is clean you should be OK.
Randy Rosetta KDKWX TLCA #19351 69 FJ40 "Meanie" & 1970 Boss 302 Mustang
Old 04-03-2012, 02:47 PM
Cruise Moab Committee

FWIW, "standard" over is in increments of 0.020" (0.5mm) for the cylinders. I think 0.060" is as far as they go before you have to sleeve it. I had two of mine sleeved.
Rising Sun 4WD Club, TLCA #4063
http://american3dprinting.net/
Old 05-22-2012, 09:53 PM
Trail Ready

Hey all,

Bringing this old chestnut back up, I picked up my head from MHP right bfore Cruise Moab. I had them do the Chevy Valves & all of that good stuffn as well, so it is sweet & ready to go. I made a PDF scan of the receipt & was thinking i could post it up in this thread so that there is a record of what they do & what it costs, in case it could be helpful to future head gasket people. BUT, I didn't ask for permission. I would think it is only good advertising for MHP, but who knows. What do you guys think? Is it okay to post a copy of my receipt or should I skip it? If yes, how do I post a PDF?

I still haven't measured the pistons or anything to figure out what ring size I need, nor have I ordered the gasket set yet, so it isn't quite ready to go. But getting closer all the time! Plus, the head looks spectacular!

Best,

Abe
Old 05-23-2012, 02:55 PM
Cruise Moab Committee

Quote:
Originally Posted by gr8fulabe View Post
Hey all,

Bringing this old chestnut back up, I picked up my head from MHP right bfore Cruise Moab. I had them do the Chevy Valves & all of that good stuffn as well, so it is sweet & ready to go. I made a PDF scan of the receipt & was thinking i could post it up in this thread so that there is a record of what they do & what it costs, in case it could be helpful to future head gasket people. BUT, I didn't ask for permission. I would think it is only good advertising for MHP, but who knows. What do you guys think? Is it okay to post a copy of my receipt or should I skip it? If yes, how do I post a PDF?

I still haven't measured the pistons or anything to figure out what ring size I need, nor have I ordered the gasket set yet, so it isn't quite ready to go. But getting closer all the time! Plus, the head looks spectacular!

Best,

Abe
They did a nice job on my head, too, chebbie valves just like they did for you. You can attach a PDF same as a picture, use the manage attachments function. There will be a size limit just like all the other file types.
Old 05-30-2012, 10:05 PM
Trail Ready

Default MHP Invoice

Invoicej from the Machine Shop. Hopefully this comes through as legible.

MHP invoice.pdf
Old 05-31-2012, 10:35 AM
Cruise Moab Committee

That's pretty much exactly the same as what they did for mine. I see you got the same kind of discount they gave me, where they do a whole job they discount the individual line items.

I found out yesterday that Toyota no longer makes head gaskets for F engines, so it looks like I'll have to use the one that came in the kit from MHP. The box says ITM brand.
Old 05-31-2012, 09:15 PM
Hard Core 4+

(have not read all post, just first 3)
since you have the head off id take it into a machene shop to have it checked, thats pretty cheap.. and alot better than wasting time and money guessing

and if there is any pitting under the rust spots on the block, it will need to be resurfaced either boared over for the cylinder walls, and or decked for the head surface. other wise if no pitting, just hone it out and go. I would always have the head resurfaced regaurdless becuaue they tend to warp alot eaiser that the blocks. expectually if the motor is cast block, aluminum head.