Rising Sun Member Forums  

Go Back   Rising Sun Member Forums > Toyota 4x4 > General Chit Chat

Old 07-20-2012, 12:00 PM
Hard Core 4+

Great choices for trails.

Great to choose easy so as to not overwhelm her too! I didn't... Cruise Moab was a bit much, now I am try to choke it back a bit to leave a good taste in her memory for more.
KDØRCH
Bio Page
I'm that gun-totin', farm-raised, evangelical, pro-environment, OHV ridin'/drivin', Southern civil rights pro-labor Liberal yo' momma told you couldn't possibly exist.
Old 07-20-2012, 12:36 PM
Rising Sun Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kpudden View Post
Tomorrow, Kingston Peak and/or Bill Moor Lake...this are rated as difficult in this book, but i am thinking they are within the capabilities of a built 80.
You won't have any problems with those...

Go here: http://www.risingsun4x4club.org/foru...isplay.php?f=4

Then do a search for Kingston Peak and Bill Moore. The first two current links are for Kingston Peak runs just done last weekend. I've run both trails. Kingston Peak in my 40 and Bill Moore in my 80 and I wouldn't classify either as difficult really...Not for a build rig anyway
TLCA #17037
'97 LX450 - aka "The Whale"
'97 FZJ80 Antique Sage AE #267, stock
12/74 FJ40, 2F, SM420, 4" Lift, ARBs, 33" MTRs

:

"...anything else i can do for you guys, how about i wash your car or mow your lawn while you figure out your firewall system? I am now boarderline insane/unibomber." Kipper

"That assumes I'm even capable of pulling and stabbing..." Jacket

"I really like having a detachable unit." Beater
Old 07-31-2012, 01:08 AM
Cruise Moab Committee

Send a message via AIM to Hulk

For many years, Rising Sun's adopted trail was Deadman's Creek that led to the Hubbard Cave. We would typically run the trail in June, clean up all the trash and clear the trail. Usually we'd camp at the end in a big field near the cave. It was always a great trip.

Some of the trail may be closed now. I just read about an emergency trail closure to protect bats from White-nose syndrome.

Here's a description of the trail and cave:

Quote:
Hubbard Cave, located along the south rim of Glenwood Canyon east of Glenwood Springs, is another popular undeveloped White River National Forest cave. Reached by a challenging four wheel drive road leads about seven miles to the Deadman’s Creek trailhead to the cave, Hubbard Cave receives less visitation than either Fulford or Spring Cave. The access road is narrow and steep, and can be impassable in rainy or snowy weather.

At Hubbard Cave, a series of large, parallel walking passages provide easy access to much of the known cave, making it an ideal destination for novice cavers and children. A low, tight squeeze in the back of the cave leads to the Grape Room and beyond, the Gypsum Room, the largest known chamber in Hubbard Cave.

source
Here are some directions.
1996 FZJ80 · TLCA #4189 · WØRDY
www.rustybrain.com/cruisers · my Rising Sun bio · Facebook · Twitter · Need satellite Internet? Check out: Exede Internet

If you think you can or think you can't, you're right.