Rising Sun Member Forums  

Go Back   Rising Sun Member Forums > Toyota 4x4 > General Tech Forum

Old 08-10-2012, 07:27 PM
Rising Sun member

Default Welding help needed

Have a small project that I need help with. Need some final cutting of a tube, welding some tabs onto said tube, welding said tube to two end plates to mount in the bed of my truck, and bending a 3/8" rod into loops to be welded onto the tube. So chop saw, angle grinder, torch (or turkey frier), welder preferred.

Not sure yet on timing, probably after work or on a Sunday, but can anybody help?
1977 FJ40 2F "Brahma" + Lockright, tach, Warn 8274, FJ60 Power Steering, soon to lose the Sanden OBA to go back to factory emissions
1996 FZJ80 1FZ-FE factory lockers + Safari Turbo , CDL switch, cup holder, Metric TLC leather, heated seats and JDM switches
2000 Tundra Limited TRD 2UZ-FE SOLD
Old 08-10-2012, 08:18 PM
Cruise Moab Committee

If you want to drive to my place, I can do it. We could ride after. Wait, Your a dad now, There is no more time for that. Let me know.
Old 08-11-2012, 02:31 PM
Lifted

Hi -

I'm in Westminster, I could help you one night this week (or more if need be), I have a MIG welder, Chop Saw, angle grinder but I don't have a torch or tube bender.... If you could borrow these things then we could work in my garage to get it done. Let me know.

James
303-715-8196
Old 08-11-2012, 05:15 PM
Hard Core 4+

Location ?
And I'm open every Sunday Do you have a welder ? Or are you needing to bring it to someone ?
Old 08-11-2012, 08:36 PM
Rising Sun member

Quote:
Originally Posted by art hog View Post
If you want to drive to my place, I can do it. We could ride after. Wait, Your a dad now, There is no more time for that. Let me know.
Thanks Terry! Yeah it's a bit of a drive up there, but I'll let you know if that's what ends up making the most sense!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Overlander View Post
Hi -

I'm in Westminster, I could help you one night this week (or more if need be), I have a MIG welder, Chop Saw, angle grinder but I don't have a torch or tube bender.... If you could borrow these things then we could work in my garage to get it done. Let me know.

James
303-715-8196
Hey James, thanks for the offer. I'm not bending tube, just some 3/8" rod, and maybe even a MAPP gas torch would be hot enough to help it bend?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TIMZTOY View Post
Location ?
And I'm open every Sunday Do you have a welder ? Or are you needing to bring it to someone ?
Hey Tim, I live in DTC, but I don't have any of the tools available, so I really need to bring it to someone who does. I could do it myself if I just had the tools available. Eh, the welding I would probably want to leave to someone with a little more experience than myself. Thanks
1977 FJ40 2F "Brahma" + Lockright, tach, Warn 8274, FJ60 Power Steering, soon to lose the Sanden OBA to go back to factory emissions
1996 FZJ80 1FZ-FE factory lockers + Safari Turbo , CDL switch, cup holder, Metric TLC leather, heated seats and JDM switches
2000 Tundra Limited TRD 2UZ-FE SOLD
Old 08-11-2012, 08:59 PM
Hard Core 4+

long commute but you can come down here for the help.
2004 Starcraft 10RT

Old 08-12-2012, 07:48 PM
Lifted

Quote:
Originally Posted by subzali View Post
Hey James, thanks for the offer. I'm not bending tube, just some 3/8" rod, and maybe even a MAPP gas torch would be hot enough to help it bend?
I could do it Thursday night if you want to drive up to Westminster (we can start anytime after 4:00pm). Let me know -

James
Old 08-12-2012, 08:15 PM
Rising Sun Member

Hey Matt, If you have any plans of what you need, and can get the materials together, I would be happy to get pieces fabricated, and then I could weld them on your truck a later time. If your schedule allows, I'd be happy to help.
Old 08-12-2012, 08:59 PM
Hard Core 4+

Quote:
Originally Posted by subzali View Post
Hey Tim, I live in DTC, but I don't have any of the tools available, so I really need to bring it to someone who does. I could do it myself if I just had the tools available. Eh, the welding I would probably want to leave to someone with a little more experience than myself. Thanks
bring it buy my house on either thursday or sunday and ill get er done for you.
Old 08-13-2012, 02:59 PM
Cruise Moab Committee

Matt-

I work Tue, Thur, Sat but could help you out. I could use a hand getting the top back on my 40 so that I can get it out of the garage.... So frustrated with it that I'm walking away for a month!!! BTW, I'm in Littleton- Kipling/Bowels
1964 FJ40
1988 4Runner