Rising Sun Member Forums  

Go Back   Rising Sun Member Forums > Other Hobbies > The Bike Forum

Old 09-04-2012, 07:36 AM
Lifted

Default Marzocchi Parts in Denver??

Do any of the local bike shops carry Marz fork parts? I need a replacement RC2 cartridge. The compression adjuster is broken off the bottom of the cartridge.

I reality, I want to do a full rebuild and change the oil, seals, ect. It's a 2006 Marz RC2X fork (170mm travel I believe).

powered by an all-aluminum 335hp L33 Vortec V8

2004 Kona Stinky dee-lux.
Old 09-04-2012, 08:32 AM
Cruise Moab Committee

dirt labs in boulder. their on valmont, next to the fix bike shop, and right next to the valmont bike park. all they do is rebuild forks and shocks. ask for mike or luby.
Old 09-04-2012, 09:39 AM
Rising Sun Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by art hog View Post
dirt labs in boulder. their on valmont, next to the fix bike shop, and right next to the valmont bike park. all they do is rebuild forks and shocks. ask for mike or luby.
WOw, nice find Art Hog!

My Fox Floats are leaking, taking it in to a local shop in Denver tonight. The guy said that my v-brake version are no longer available, so this may be one of the last times I can get them serviced. Maybe if I have any trouble I will go to Dirt Labs in the future.

I guess your supposed to service these forks every so often?? Mine were fine for 9 seasons with no service but maybe with a little service mixed in they might last longer..

My rims don't support disk brakes, so I have a major expense ahead of me at some point..
KD0IFE

Off Road Pics
http://www.Chrissandstormfj.smugmug.com
Old 09-04-2012, 10:11 AM
Hard Core 4+

For Fox, particularly older Fox shocks and forks, PUSH is very good. Yes, you are supposed to service them periodically. :-) I usually change oil once a year and have the bushings replaced about every 2 or 3 years. Fox does not change stuff very often and they can be fixed or rebuilt, even really old ones.

http://www.pushindustries.com/

Rim brake forks can still be found, although I think for 2013 Fox completely dropped lowers with canti bosses. I think the other brands have models that support them still, though they'll be pretty low end forks now.

"Why does the U.S. care which flag will be hoisted on a small piece of land thousands of miles away?" -- Ron Paul
Old 09-04-2012, 10:26 AM
Rising Sun Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveInDenver View Post
For Fox, particularly older Fox shocks and forks, PUSH is very good. Yes, you are supposed to service them periodically. :-) I usually change oil once a year and have the bushings replaced about every 2 or 3 years. Fox does not change stuff very often and they can be fixed or rebuilt, even really old ones.

http://www.pushindustries.com/

Rim brake forks can still be found, although I think for 2013 Fox completely dropped lowers with canti bosses. I think the other brands have models that support them still, though they'll be pretty low end forks now.
Thanks for the info Dave, you are a "research guru"..
KD0IFE

Off Road Pics
http://www.Chrissandstormfj.smugmug.com
Old 09-04-2012, 10:47 AM
Hard Core 4+

Dunno about that, been using PUSH for a long time, probably 8 years now. We have nothing but Fox forks and shocks.

"Why does the U.S. care which flag will be hoisted on a small piece of land thousands of miles away?" -- Ron Paul
Old 09-04-2012, 02:20 PM
Lifted

I called and spoke to mike at dirt labs. He said he would look around but was doubtful that it's possible to find an rc2 cart.

I think I can salvage it for now just by making a small groove into the end where the knob used to be and then use a flat blade driver to turn the adjusted. Apparently it's a common issue and the knobs get amputated frequently. Avalanche downhill sells a cart but it's more than $400. I am not going to spend that on this bike. It's just a starter. I will rebuild the fork with new seals and change the oil but that's about it.