Rising Sun Member Forums  

Go Back   Rising Sun Member Forums > Toyota 4x4 > General Chit Chat

Notices

Old 08-24-2012, 07:54 AM
Rising Sun Member

Sounds a lot like the sciatica I was dealing with..see someone soon! The prednisone or injections will at least help you for now! My doc is out here in Golden, kinda far for you...
* 99 Saab 9-3 Convertible
* stinky old Ford Diesel tow rig
KDěTIM
TLCA# 15572
TLCA Executive VP 2008-2011
CM Committee Member CM10, CM11
Old 08-24-2012, 08:54 AM
Hard Core 4+

Stan, I just got 2 sets of shots for my back but trust me . has diminished by about 90 per and and the rope burning aching pain in my joints has now become a dull ache. let me know my doctor is very very good and is I would have my back operate on right no but I have to wait till February Feb worry when I can get L 4 -5 and 6 fused. it's always good to have to doctors th unfortunately some of us here have way too much experience with thi so ask questions and hopefully we can give you the answer

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockRunner;
keys = Man that is a whole story

TLCA #6136
Going under the knife again !

85 4runner Marlin Ultimate 5" lift 40" MTR's Soft top and doors Towed to Moab by the Big Blue Whale, 07.5 Dodge Mega Cab Laramie 4" lift covered and chiped No more slow lane for me
Old 08-24-2012, 11:17 PM
Rising Sun Event Coordinator

I was supposed to go today, my back felt pretty good and I had a few other things that needed done as well. I postponed my appointment and now I'm wishing I didn't. I was thinking that I was improving, and now, not so much. At least I can walk today, but the pain is still there.

Thanks for the advice. I'll take it easy this weekend and make a new appointment on Monday.

TLCA Social Media
100's in the Hills website
"What's that? I can't hear you over my heated seats"-KW
Old 08-26-2012, 11:01 PM
Hard Core 4+

You should have gone but then you know that already. The pain will come and go and so will the desire for a doctors visit. I personally can't wait to get mine done, spend most of today in bed after taking some heavy dury pain meds and just dozing in and out of it.

Let us know how it goes and if you need to see another doctor.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockRunner;
keys = Man that is a whole story

TLCA #6136
Going under the knife again !

85 4runner Marlin Ultimate 5" lift 40" MTR's Soft top and doors Towed to Moab by the Big Blue Whale, 07.5 Dodge Mega Cab Laramie 4" lift covered and chiped No more slow lane for me
Old 08-27-2012, 06:19 AM
Hard Core 4+

good luck timm. I have yet to meet anyone who wasn't thrilled they had it done.

godspeed.

john (johnny) henley
Old 09-18-2012, 11:05 PM

So after 2 weeks of PT and some light meds, I'm able to at least walk normal again. My pain has gone down a lot, but it's still there. I was finally able to get an MRI today. It's pretty clear where the problem is.

It took me forever to get in to see a quality back doctor/neurosurgeon. I was in so much pain a few weeks ago I went to a walk-in doctor at Piney Creek Medical. He told me I had a scar tissue problem and not a disc problem and he wasn't ready to order an MRI. I was still a week away from my appointment with Dr. Prusmack, so I took the meds, went through the PT and waited until a Board Certified doctor was able to make a better determination of what was going on and order an MRI right away.

I'm not a doctor, but it's clear I have a disc that is in terrible shape. Waiting to hear from the doc on what's next. I would have liked to have seen that disc 2 weeks ago when I was in some of the worst pain of my life!

For those of you who've had surgery, how do you feel now? Are you able to run long distance? Mountain bike? Ride in your vehicle for a few hours?
Attached Images

TLCA Social Media
Old 09-19-2012, 09:57 AM
Rising Sun Member

Did you see my MRI on the first page?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fishy View Post
For those of you who've had surgery, how do you feel now? Are you able to run long distance? Mountain bike? Ride in your vehicle for a few hours?
I gained some weight post surgery, so running has not been as easy, but little to no back pain at all. Also done some riding with no issues. I fly and drive a lot for work, and not really had any issues, other than sleeping on a lot of different beds can aggravate it.....again as I lose a few pounds it should all get even better. I am very happy with my results, they could be better but mainly my own fault.
* 99 Saab 9-3 Convertible
* stinky old Ford Diesel tow rig
KDěTIM
TLCA# 15572
TLCA Executive VP 2008-2011
CM Committee Member CM10, CM11
Old 09-21-2012, 11:30 AM

So, they want to operate on Tuesday. He said it's a rather large disc and it would take a really long time to heal with just PT and meds (most of which I can't take anyway because of work)

I'm leaning towards the surgery, just for the relief. We have a trip planned to Telluride 5 days post op. The doc felt I'd be fine on the drive (especially if my wife drove) and we made some stops to get out and walk around. Were you guys able to drive for any length of time after surgery?

The other alternative is dealing with the pain until November which is when the "normal" scheduled surgeries are booking.

We are headed to Walt Disney World in early November for 10 Fun Filled Magical days..... And I don't want to be out of commission for that. The Disney trip cost me a rather large sum, and my kids are over the top excited, so that's the really important one. The doc said I'd be fine for flying to Florida and walking a few miles each day in November if we operate now. Any insight on what you were able to do 6 weeks after surgery? Could you walk 1-2 miles a day for a week straight? Ride some kids rides?

TLCA Social Media