Rising Sun Member Forums  

Go Back   Rising Sun Member Forums > Other Hobbies > Hunting and Fishing

Notices

Old 10-01-2012, 03:17 PM
Rising Sun Member

Send a message via AIM to Uncle Ben

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jenny Cruiser View Post
How's that? Are you talking about a hunting revolver or long gun? I'm talking self defense.
Doesnt matter
TLCA #3007
Northside!

Colorado Trail Patrol
Stay on the Trail!
I'm the God-fearing, gun-toting, American flag-waving, conservative you were warned about!
Quote:
Originally Posted by AxleIke View Post
I need an FJ40....
Quote:
Originally Posted by Red_Chili View Post
Cruisers are superior
Old 10-01-2012, 03:24 PM
Lifted

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle Ben View Post
Doesnt matter
From RMGO.ORG:

33-6-125. Possession of a loaded firearm in a motor vehicle.

It is unlawful to possess any firearm, other than a pistol or revolver, in or on any motor vehicle unless the chamber of such firearm is unloaded. For the purposes of this section, a "muzzle-loader" shall be considered unloaded if it is not primed, and, for such purpose, "primed" means having a percussion cap on the nipple or flint in the striker and powder in the flash pan.
Old 10-01-2012, 03:55 PM
Hard Core 4+

I think UB's erring on the side of caution. I never have one in the chamber, but they are always loaded and where they should be.
Old 10-01-2012, 03:57 PM
Rising Sun Member

Default x2

I too was giving advice erring on the side of caution. legally, you can carry a loaded pistol in your car. and for those situations you might need that peace of mind, do it.
Old 10-02-2012, 01:30 PM
Lifted

Caution is well and good, as long as one knows that caution and not law is the reason for a given action.

My view is that gun owners need to know the (numerous) laws and then decide. Not be told what is "safe".

Is gun, is not safe.
Old 10-02-2012, 05:04 PM
Lifted

Send a message via AIM to ianacole Send a message via MSN to ianacole Send a message via Yahoo to ianacole

More from RMGO, emphasis is mine:

Quote:
See C.R.S. 18-12-204

(3) (a) A person who may lawfully possess a handgun may carry a handgun under the following circumstances without obtaining a permit and the handgun shall not be considered concealed:

(I) The handgun is in the possession of a person who is in a private automobile or in some other private means of conveyance and who carries the handgun for a legal use, including self-defense; or

(II) The handgun is in the possession of a person who is legally engaged in hunting activities within the state.

(b) The provisions of this subsection (3) shall not be construed to authorize the carrying of a handgun in violation of the provisions of section 18-12-105 or 18-12-105.5.
The range I frequent wants weapons to come in unloaded and cased, so if I'm going to the range everything is cased, open breached, and magazines in a separate case. If I'm traveling, on my way out of state, handgun is within reaching distance ready to go, rifles open breached and cased.

Oh, and no city or county can override these rules:

Quote:
Originally Posted by RMGO.org
Can I carry in my vehicle in Denver? YES

18-12-105.6. Limitation on local ordinances regarding firearms in private vehicles.

(2) (b) no municipality, county, or city and county shall have the authority to enact or enforce any ordinance that would restrict a person's ability to travel with a weapon in a private automobile or other private means of conveyance while traveling into, through, or within, a municipal, county, or city and county jurisdiction, regardless of the number of times the person stops in a jurisdiction.
All information sourced from RMGO.org: http://www.rmgo.org/gun-law-faqs/carrying-in-a-vehicle