Rising Sun Member Forums  

Go Back   Rising Sun Member Forums > Toyota 4x4 > General Tech Forum

Old 11-13-2012, 01:38 PM
Rising Sun Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sleeoffroad View Post
It it not worth the time. You are going to sit for hours. I did 100's of sliders and used Scan Cafe. They send the scans to India and then scan them there. Really good prices, good communication and give you all kinds of options on formats, choose / reject scans etc.

I probably spent the same amount as buy a scanner, but I figured it was a one-off deal and I could not buy a high speed / quality scanner for what I paid.

Attached a low res scan of a slide for 4x4 content. Original RTT on a Land Rover in Mozambique.
hijack:
that reminds me of the rig i drove in high school. neato.
82 FJ40
Old 11-13-2012, 04:00 PM
Hard Core 4+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheeseman View Post
So the beer part sounds intriguing. And as most of you know I am very competent in that part. But I will look into your all's advice on having scanning done outside too.
It really comes down to your budget, patience and a deadline if you have one. It is a hobby afterall, if it seems fun, the heck with what anyone else says. This is the main reason why I stuck with film. It's not my job so I can afford to take time exposing film, developing and printing photos. The quiet and smells of a traditional darkroom are relaxing to me. No reason scanning slides can't be stress relief, too.

"They say the test of literary power is whether a man can write an inscription. I say, 'Can he name a kitten?'" -- Samuel Butler