Rising Sun Member Forums  

Go Back   Rising Sun Member Forums > Other Hobbies > The Bike Forum

Notices

Old 11-17-2012, 04:49 PM
Hard Core 4+

Mine looked like that too. Dave re-did my head with stainless valves.(Upgrade from Ti) Stayed in spec all season. I hit the shaft with wet 800grit. When you replace the seal, push it in or leave it out a bit from its current position. The seal is about $4. The shaft is part of the cam at $150. What are you doing about piston/rings/cylinder?
Old 11-17-2012, 05:15 PM
Hard Core 4+

I believe I have the parts for the factory clutch. My bike came with a box of the old parts that came with the bike. We can work something out.
Old 11-19-2012, 11:45 AM
Rising Sun member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rover67 View Post
Also if anybody is interested in my auto clutch and lhrb in trade for a stock setup let me know.
Curious on why the switch back...
Rising Sun Bio
1977 FJ40 2F "Brahma" + Lockright, tach, Warn 8274, FJ60 Power Steering, soon to lose the Sanden OBA to go back to factory emissions
1996 FZJ80 1FZ-FE factory lockers + Safari Turbo , CDL switch, cup holder, AATLAS1X leather, heated seats and JDM switches
2000 Tundra Limited TRD 2UZ-FE SOLD
Old 11-19-2012, 12:23 PM
Rising Sun Member

I miss how I can control the front of the bike with a clutch. I like popping to get the front up and over stuff or to make the back hop. I also like wheelies which are hard with the auto clutch (it just spins the back tire).

If my clutch had the manual override I'd probably like it a lot more. Maybe i'll miss the auto clutch... not sure, I'm just ready to try something new.
82 FJ40
Old 11-19-2012, 12:27 PM
Rising Sun Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by farnhamstj View Post
Mine looked like that too. Dave re-did my head with stainless valves.(Upgrade from Ti) Stayed in spec all season. I hit the shaft with wet 800grit. When you replace the seal, push it in or leave it out a bit from its current position. The seal is about $4. The shaft is part of the cam at $150. What are you doing about piston/rings/cylinder?
I think I am gonna leave the piston and cylinder alone, maybe just re-ring it. I am also going to have Dave do the head. I'll look and see if I can find a fresh spot on the cam shaft for the seals to ride, I hadn't thought about just moving them to a different spot. That's a good idea.

I'll drop you a line on the clutch stuff!
82 FJ40