Rising Sun Member Forums  

Go Back   Rising Sun Member Forums > Toyota 4x4 > 4Wheeling and Event Staging Area

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #21  
Old 01-30-2013, 03:40 PM
CardinalFJ60's Avatar
CardinalFJ60 CardinalFJ60 is offline
Rising Sun Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Lafayette
Posts: 1,545
Default I felt like this...

Quote:
Originally Posted by VBRoamer View Post
I'm in.

I still remember the great bear discussion in '11 when the guy looking for a cell signal told us about the bear who climbed onto the roadbuilding equipment a mile from where we were planning to camp. The bear then proceeded to watch the workers for several hours. Probably thinking about which one to have for dinner.
I swear they were thinking this....
Reply With Quote
  #22  
Old 01-30-2013, 03:41 PM
CardinalFJ60's Avatar
CardinalFJ60 CardinalFJ60 is offline
Rising Sun Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Lafayette
Posts: 1,545
Default with image

this....
Attached Images
 
Reply With Quote
  #23  
Old 01-30-2013, 11:58 PM
Fishy's Avatar
Fishy Fishy is offline
Rising Sun Event Coordinator
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Centennial, CO
Posts: 1,275
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bh4rnnr View Post
EEKS!

We only saw one grizzly while in Cook city, MT. Think Daniel was lucky enough to get a pick....
Those pics were only about 20 flying miles from Cooke City. We drove that 2 track as far as we could, then hiked in to fish a small stream. We bumped into that bear on the way back to the truck. About 30 yards away before we saw each other. We backed away slow and sweet talked her a little. She stood up to get a better sniff/look, and turned and walked away. I pointed the camera, my brother pointed the bear spray. But I'm faster than he is, so I wasn't worried.

Sorry to hijack this awesome trip planning thread Perry, I'm done. Hopefully, I'll be signing on. I planted the seed into my wifes ear this morning on our breakfast date.
__________________
Stan
UZJ100 (Non-White Edition)

TLCA Social Media
100's in the Hills website
"What's that? I can't hear you over my heated seats"-KW
Reply With Quote
  #24  
Old 01-31-2013, 06:26 AM
bh4rnnr's Avatar
bh4rnnr bh4rnnr is offline
Hard Core 4+
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Littleton
Posts: 3,900
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fishy View Post
Those pics were only about 20 flying miles from Cooke City. We drove that 2 track as far as we could, then hiked in to fish a small stream. We bumped into that bear on the way back to the truck. About 30 yards away before we saw each other. We backed away slow and sweet talked her a little. She stood up to get a better sniff/look, and turned and walked away. I pointed the camera, my brother pointed the bear spray. But I'm faster than he is, so I wasn't worried.

Sorry to hijack this awesome trip planning thread Perry, I'm done. Hopefully, I'll be signing on. I planted the seed into my wifes ear this morning on our breakfast date.
No need to be sorry. Think its good to be talking about Grizzly's. Dont think the group was as prepared as we could have been last time we were in Grizzly country.
__________________
-Perry Loughridge aka "Skelator" aka KDLDQ
4th gen Coloradoan.
-87 Toyota 4runner. Flat bed by Proffitts Cruisers 5.29 gears, rear locker. 33" mt/r tires. Snackster cooker. Eazi-Awn 1200 RTT and more tube work by the Homegrown Crew . And still more to come


COLORADO: my "Monument in Green"
Reply With Quote
  #25  
Old 01-31-2013, 06:29 AM
bh4rnnr's Avatar
bh4rnnr bh4rnnr is offline
Hard Core 4+
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Littleton
Posts: 3,900
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hulk View Post
Just put it on my calendar. In.
Sweet. Once an Outlaw, always an Outlaw

Quote:
Originally Posted by rover67 View Post
s h i t.

I may have to make this happen.
Be great to have you along

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fishy View Post
I would LOVE to make this trip. Passing through some phenomenal fishing country, and some of my favorite spots. I'd like to keep a 5wt rigged up just in case we stop along one of the many rivers/lakes on this route!
Thinking about bringing the ol Fly Rod for that reason, though I may need to do some practice trips before hand up to the family property

Quote:
Originally Posted by VBRoamer View Post
I'm in.

I still remember the great bear discussion in '11 when the guy looking for a cell signal told us about the bear who climbed onto the roadbuilding equipment a mile from where we were planning to camp. The bear then proceeded to watch the workers for several hours. Probably thinking about which one to have for dinner.

Great, as always, to have you along for the run this year Vince
__________________
-Perry Loughridge aka "Skelator" aka KDLDQ
4th gen Coloradoan.
-87 Toyota 4runner. Flat bed by Proffitts Cruisers 5.29 gears, rear locker. 33" mt/r tires. Snackster cooker. Eazi-Awn 1200 RTT and more tube work by the Homegrown Crew . And still more to come


COLORADO: my "Monument in Green"
Reply With Quote
  #26  
Old 01-31-2013, 09:22 AM
Fishy's Avatar
Fishy Fishy is offline
Rising Sun Event Coordinator
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Centennial, CO
Posts: 1,275
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bh4rnnr View Post
No need to be sorry. Think its good to be talking about Grizzly's. Dont think the group was as prepared as we could have been last time we were in Grizzly country.
I was always more concerned about crossing paths with a moose than a bear. Either in a vehicle, or out on foot. Moose can be foul tempered and ready to stomp a mud hole in your a** very quickly. Especially early and late in the season.

Do you have a map made up of your planned route?
__________________
Stan
UZJ100 (Non-White Edition)

TLCA Social Media
100's in the Hills website
"What's that? I can't hear you over my heated seats"-KW
Reply With Quote
  #27  
Old 01-31-2013, 09:29 AM
smslavin's Avatar
smslavin smslavin is offline
Hard Core 4+
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: On a plane...
Posts: 672
Default

Now that there are dates, I'm going to try like hell to make this happen. Would love to do this.
__________________
{ slavin photography | KJ6LDF }
Reply With Quote
  #28  
Old 02-01-2013, 06:35 AM
bh4rnnr's Avatar
bh4rnnr bh4rnnr is offline
Hard Core 4+
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Littleton
Posts: 3,900
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fishy View Post
I was always more concerned about crossing paths with a moose than a bear. Either in a vehicle, or out on foot. Moose can be foul tempered and ready to stomp a mud hole in your a** very quickly. Especially early and late in the season.

Do you have a map made up of your planned route?
Still finalizing everything. Hope to have something this weekend

Quote:
Originally Posted by smslavin View Post
Now that there are dates, I'm going to try like hell to make this happen. Would love to do this.
Hope you can make the trip
__________________
-Perry Loughridge aka "Skelator" aka KDLDQ
4th gen Coloradoan.
-87 Toyota 4runner. Flat bed by Proffitts Cruisers 5.29 gears, rear locker. 33" mt/r tires. Snackster cooker. Eazi-Awn 1200 RTT and more tube work by the Homegrown Crew . And still more to come


COLORADO: my "Monument in Green"
Reply With Quote
  #29  
Old 02-01-2013, 10:49 AM
Hulk's Avatar
Hulk Hulk is offline
Cruise Moab Committee
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: South Side!
Posts: 11,380
Send a message via AIM to Hulk
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bh4rnnr View Post
Sweet. Once an Outlaw, always an Outlaw
Hell yeah!

__________________
Matt Farr, Centennial, Colorado | Webmaster: TLCA.org
1996 FZJ80 TLCA #4189 WRDY
www.rustybrain.com/cruisers my Rising Sun bio Facebook Twitter Need satellite Internet? Check out: Exede Internet

If you think you can or think you can't, you're right.
Reply With Quote
  #30  
Old 05-13-2013, 09:36 AM
Woodsman's Avatar
Woodsman Woodsman is offline
Trail Ready
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Batesville, Indiana
Posts: 302
Default



How much longer ?

__________________
- - - - - - - - -
08 FJ Cruiser with a few mods
TLCA#19287 -Since 12/08
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 07:39 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.