Rising Sun Member Forums  

Go Back   Rising Sun Member Forums > Toyota 4x4 > General Chit Chat

Old 02-14-2013, 10:46 PM
Trail Ready

Quote:
Originally Posted by cruiseroutfit View Post
What will the front doors be retailing for? Any idea if the factory W/S will fit?
Hey Kurt,
I am hoping to be able to go down & inspect them further tomorrow to figure out the quality, etc... Depending on actual condition, I'm leaning to a regular pricing around $500-700 a set. I will actually be able to offer a bit better pricing to the local guys because I won't have to crate things up & we can just meet up locally to make a deal happen.

When you say, "W/S" are you asking about the windshield, or weatherstripping? I'm assuming weatherstripping, since I don't know what the windshield would have to do with it, and I don't know why it wouldn't, as these are factory soft doors. If I can definitely get down tomorrow I'll take better pics, plus pics of all the assorted items with them.

If I'm misunderstanding anything, let me know & I'll do my best to answer.
Best,
Abe
Old 02-14-2013, 10:48 PM
Trail Ready

Quote:
Originally Posted by MDH33 View Post
Excellent.

Need a volunteer for another test fitting session? I'm curious if the bows will remedy the figment problem on my 40.
Hey Martin,

Yeah actually that would be great! I assume these will fit any 40, but you never know until you throw a few on to find out.

Thanks,
Abe
Old 02-15-2013, 09:46 AM
Rising Sun Member

Just stumbled on this thread.....glad to see someone figured it out. I'm impressed by the shipping containers and packaging, as most of the stuff that I saw on previous efforts was lame. The soft top saga goes way back, with a pretty sour history of people taking money and disappearing.... I had a really nice set of factory bows that I loaned to a guy in NC to build tops and bows. He took a bunch of money, then got "sick" and stopped responding to any calls or emails. After 4 months of no response, we went down and took my crap back. I wound up selling those bows to Marshal in SC, as I think he was going to give production a run as well, and I was just fed up with the whole thing.

Long history that's not important to you, other than I applaud your efforts at actually getting something done! I'm not sure if I'm in the market for a "factory" soft top anymore, but I would be interested in fitting one to see how it looks and operates.

On a side note, you mentioned you are in logistics and int'l production/customs. I have a client that could use some help there. We should chat off line....PM me your number.

Thanks!
Barry
1974V8J40, 1992FJ80, 1985FJ60, 1971FJ55, 1978FJ40, 1974FJ40, 1997 LX450 all long gone.
KD0PZL
Old 02-15-2013, 01:41 PM
Rising Sun Member

Quote:
Excellent.

Need a volunteer for another test fitting session? I'm curious if the bows will remedy the figment problem on my 40.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crash View Post
Martin, I think it's just a fitment of your imagination that you have a problem.
Something is definitely weird with my bows (and maybe my mind ). The frame portion around my doors comes to a serious acute angle and the doors are riding really low and contact the windshield and the rockers. They also do not stay closed. These are factory bows and doors too, so not sure what's happening. I'm wondering if the Pakistan bows would be better (my old set fit great without these issues).

Quote:
Originally Posted by gr8fulabe View Post
Hey Martin,

Yeah actually that would be great! I assume these will fit any 40, but you never know until you throw a few on to find out.

Thanks,
Abe
Great Abe, lets set up a time. If we could get someone else with a 40 to come up, all the better. (I could also use some help re-installing my hard top, so anyone who volunteers can earn )
KDGWM
Old 02-15-2013, 01:59 PM
Rising Sun Member

Quote:
...Great Abe, lets set up a time. If we could get someone else with a 40 to come up, all the better. (I could also use some help re-installing my hard top, so anyone who volunteers can earn )
I got a 40 to volunteer for test fitting. Keep me in mind as you set something up.
TLCA #18941
Old 02-15-2013, 02:24 PM
Rising Sun Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RicardoJM View Post
I got a 40 to volunteer for test fitting. Keep me in mind as you set something up.
Same here.
Old 02-15-2013, 03:01 PM
Rising Sun Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RicardoJM View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crash View Post
Same here.
Excellent.

..and I just caught the figment/fitment typo in my original post. Stoopid IPad auto-correct... Impossible to type on that thing...
KDGWM
Old 02-16-2013, 11:30 PM
Trail Ready

I've got several sets of bows here at the house right now (mostly OEM, but also two aftermarket, OEM Replica sets). The big problem for me at the moment, is the Troopy brakes are leaking for some reason & super soft, and mt 62 has front axle/death wobble issues. So it is going to be a little while before I can drive anything up to Evergreen at this point for test fitting. But, I'd love to bring a bunch of stuff up as soon as I get things running for highway speed again. OR, anyone that wants to is welcome to come here to do some testing. @ Martin - Aren't your bows Paki bows already? I thought they had a rear soft amby door bow set up on them???
As soon as possible though, I'd love to do a 40 soft top day type of thing, with anyone that is interested. Maybe in conjunction with the delayed 40's only run???
Best,
Abe
Old 02-16-2013, 11:34 PM
Trail Ready

Quick crate pic. trying to figure out the best way to pack these out for shipments to, "far away" customers.

Name:  Crate 1.JPG
Views: 41
Size:  133.2 KB
Old 02-16-2013, 11:42 PM
Trail Ready

Quote:
Originally Posted by rutbeer View Post
Just stumbled on this thread.....glad to see someone figured it out. I'm impressed by the shipping containers and packaging, as most of the stuff that I saw on previous efforts was lame. The soft top saga goes way back, with a pretty sour history of people taking money and disappearing.... I had a really nice set of factory bows that I loaned to a guy in NC to build tops and bows. He took a bunch of money, then got "sick" and stopped responding to any calls or emails. After 4 months of no response, we went down and took my crap back. I wound up selling those bows to Marshal in SC, as I think he was going to give production a run as well, and I was just fed up with the whole thing.

Long history that's not important to you, other than I applaud your efforts at actually getting something done! I'm not sure if I'm in the market for a "factory" soft top anymore, but I would be interested in fitting one to see how it looks and operates.

Thanks!
Barry

Hey Barry,
Funny you mention the above stores. One of the things Erica & I decided when we figured we'd give it a shot, was that we would have to put money down up front & not charge anyone if we don't have a product in hand to ship out. Precisely because a lot of people have been screwed over the years on a, "deposit" basis. But I can say that I can see why people want money up front. It has been hard to come up with the needed money up front, & keep putting cash away f or this project, instead of getting cars fixed, and splurging on fun & such. But hopefully it will soon be able to sustain itself & that won't be a problem in the future. As with the others, I'd love to hookup & do some test fitting on your truck. I've always wanted to get a chance to check it out anyway, what with the 13bt & cable lockers & all that. Pretty badass I'm assuming....

I' send you a pm with my number & e-mail, and we'll see if we can help your client.
Best,
Abe