Rising Sun Member Forums  

Go Back   Rising Sun Member Forums > Toyota 4x4 > General Chit Chat

Old 02-07-2013, 07:13 PM
Rising Sun Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by frontrange View Post
Auto. Not going to chip it. Got started down that path with the vette and never stopped. This car is my new DD.
I've built lots of fast cars of a variety of flavors and this is Al's daily...

Stock everything except for the tune, it is mild but adds the extra kick it needs. turbo diesels were built for chipping.

you'll love it stock too

My folks have an auto of the same vintage as ours and mileage is a notable bit lower. it'll be interesting to see what yours gives. The only thing i wish for sometimes is that we'd gotten a wagon. I think you'll really dig it.

Handling - I actually like the way our handles in normal city driving, it's very fun and corners pretty well. Snow tires and going fast on I-70 is another thing though it does muuch better with nice summer tires
82 FJ40
Old 02-07-2013, 07:23 PM

Well aside from the fact that I want to avoid issues with my warrenty, I just dropped $1800 on the RNS510 nav system, so I pretty much blew my goodie budget for this month. It'll be fine as is, drives great and mileage looks to be great. This is my first full tank I just put in so we'll see in another 500-600 miles how well I really do.
Old 02-08-2013, 12:06 PM
Hard Core 4+

$1800 is your goodie budget for a month??!?

Did I tell you my birthday is coming up??
KDRCH
Bio Page
I'm that gun-totin', farm-raised, evangelical, pro-environment, OHV ridin'/drivin', Southern civil rights pro-labor Liberal yo' momma told you couldn't possibly exist.
Old 02-19-2013, 06:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rover67 View Post
My folks have an auto of the same vintage as ours and mileage is a notable bit lower. it'll be interesting to see what yours gives.
The verdict is in, I got 500 miles on 13 gallons for 43mpg combined. That was driving "spirited". I'm going to cool it on the next tank and see what it gets driving like on old lady...

Does your "chip" guy use a VAG-COM setup to program? My new Nav unit has no sound or bluetooth due to programming issues and I'm going crazy trying to find someone with the capability to do aftermarket programing.