Rising Sun Member Forums  

Go Back   Rising Sun Member Forums > Toyota 4x4 > 4Wheeling and Event Staging Area

Notices

Old 03-11-2013, 11:01 AM

So, I wont' be able to make it until Friday night. I've never been to Moab or done a trail run before, what do I need to bring/do? You can PM if you want!

2010 4Runner Trail 3" Lift, UCAs, and 285 Goodyear Duratracs

1982 FJ40 Green 4" Rough Country Lift, RE-smogged, and getting better every day! (Mid - Resto)

email: adamkingf5371 at yahoo.com
Old 03-11-2013, 02:41 PM
Rising Sun Member

I can bring it back for ya. How will he get it to me?

Quote:
Originally Posted by AxleIke View Post
Hey all,

I'm getting a cargo cover from gahi, who lives out in Moab.

Would anyone be willing to meet up with him and bring it back with them to Denver? It is just a piece of canvas.

I'm waiting to pay him until I can see if I need to add shipping or not.

Thanks dudes!
Old 03-11-2013, 02:54 PM
Rising Sun Member

We are camping at area BFE. When you get to BFE go straight through the first parking lot down to the 2nd parking lot. Then back behind the 2nd lot and to the right a little into the trees. You will see us all camping.

Bring your camping gear, food and water. You will want to make sandwiches in the morning to be able to stay out all day. It will get chilly in the evening.

We will put a plan together once everyone is there as to what trails we will be running. Some will run multiple hard trails pretty fast. Some will want to just review trails they will be leading and some will be taking it casual.

If you don't have a Charles Well book of Moab. I suggest getting one ASAP and familiarizing yourself with the trails.

I know our yearly challenge is to get more leaders for some of the harder trails like Moab Rim, Cliff Hanger and the Golden Spike. I was thinking of running Moab Rim and Cliff Hanger in one day since they are across from each other. Hopefully some people will be interested in training to lead those. Golden Spike has that new trail in it Where Eagles Dare that threw me off last year. If we have time we should run that. Granted that's a 3/4 day even when going fast.

Quote:
Originally Posted by akingf5371 View Post
So, I wont' be able to make it until Friday night. I've never been to Moab or done a trail run before, what do I need to bring/do? You can PM if you want!
Old 03-11-2013, 03:18 PM
Rising Sun Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JadeRunner View Post
I can bring it back for ya. How will he get it to me?
Thanks a million!!

I'll be in touch with him and you via PM, and see if we can't work out the details.

Cheers!

Baby Beast 2- 1999 4Runner SR5

Baby Beast -1987 4Runner SR5-Gone, but not forgotten

Generation Dead
Old 03-11-2013, 09:46 PM
Hard Core 4+

Quote:
Weather looks great but plan on overnight temps around freezing. Area BFE is probably 1000' higher than town so temps will be colder there at night. Make sure you have a camp chair for the fire. Generally everyone brings one bundle of fire wood for the cause.

Make sure you have good instructions to locate BFE as its dark out there and easy to miss the turn off. http://www.areabfe.com/location/
2004 Starcraft 10RT

Old 03-12-2013, 11:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corbet View Post
Weather looks great but plan on overnight temps around freezing. Area BFE is probably 1000' higher than town so temps will be colder there at night. Make sure you have a camp chair for the fire. Generally everyone brings one bundle of fire wood for the cause.

Make sure you have good instructions to locate BFE as its dark out there and easy to miss the turn off. http://www.areabfe.com/location/
Awesome, I'm fired up! I usually only backpack, so all my camping gear is stuff for that. A few questions, does anyone bring their wives usually? I ask because I was planning on inviting the GF, but wasn't sure what the protocol is. Also, are their showers/restrooms at BFE? I've never been and not sure what to expect. Also, what do we do for dinner? Is everyone on their own or what?

2010 4Runner Trail 3" Lift, UCAs, and 285 Goodyear Duratracs

1982 FJ40 Green 4" Rough Country Lift, RE-smogged, and getting better every day! (Mid - Resto)

email: adamkingf5371 at yahoo.com

Last edited by akingf5371; 03-12-2013 at 12:16 PM.
Old 03-12-2013, 03:57 PM
Rising Sun Member

Alas I won't be making it this year. My troubled knee won't be ready for all the fun. This training event has been great for the club and for Cruise Moab over the years. I first organized this event for CruiseMoab trail leaders in 1999 and it has been going strong every since. Good on you all for making the effort to go and learn trails. This is one of the biggest efforts that makes CruiseMoab such a great trail ride for those who come to us to see this great slickrock country. But truth be told it really goes like this "Darn the bad luck, gotta go to Moab!"
Old 03-12-2013, 04:26 PM
Rising Sun Member

I'm sorry you wont be able to make it Greg. I know you love this event.

We will do our best to carry on the tradition.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheeseman View Post
Alas I won't be making it this year. My troubled knee won't be ready for all the fun. This training event has been great for the club and for Cruise Moab over the years. I first organized this event for CruiseMoab trail leaders in 1999 and it has been going strong every since. Good on you all for making the effort to go and learn trails. This is one of the biggest efforts that makes CruiseMoab such a great trail ride for those who come to us to see this great slickrock country. But truth be told it really goes like this "Darn the bad luck, gotta go to Moab!"
Old 03-12-2013, 04:31 PM
Rising Sun Member

Yes, wives and girlfriends are common and welcomed. It's primitive camping. No showers or toilets.

Some people like myself like to go out to dinner after the run, some people cook at camp. Nothing organized. We keep it loose. Except this year Dave and his wife will be providing breakfast burros' courtesy of CM. We all hook for at the central fire in the evening to discuss trails, the event and how we can become better leaders and gunners.

Quote:
Awesome, I'm fired up! I usually only backpack, so all my camping gear is stuff for that. A few questions, does anyone bring their wives usually? I ask because I was planning on inviting the GF, but wasn't sure what the protocol is. Also, are their showers/restrooms at BFE? I've never been and not sure what to expect. Also, what do we do for dinner? Is everyone on their own or what?
Old 03-12-2013, 06:12 PM
Hard Core 4+

Quote:
are their showers/restrooms at BFE?
Most of us pack portable toilets. Burying waste is frowned upon in the desert. There will also be a few children in the group. I'll probably take my boy to the rec center in town one night for a swim and shower.
2004 Starcraft 10RT