Rising Sun Member Forums  

Go Back   Rising Sun Member Forums > Toyota 4x4 > General Tech Forum

Old 04-01-2013, 06:54 PM
Rising Sun Member

I'd also be thinking forks after you check that the whole assembly isn't moving around enough to knock itself out of gear.
82 FJ40
Old 04-05-2013, 06:51 PM
Trail Ready

Follow up! Well, this is my own opinion.. I took my truck to CST to see Joe. He drove the truck around with me tagging along. He couldn't tell by driving it what the problem was, and said he would have to drop the transmission and take it apart to see what the problem was. At a "BARGAIN" price of $350.00 just to look at it! A tranny with 40K that I paid CST $1,625.00 to be rebuilt.
I'm sorry, but I would have been ashamed to ask someone for more money that was recommended to me, and part of a 4x4 club. I'll leave it each person to make their on conclusion on whether or not this is good customer service. I'm disappointed myself and won't be returning to CST!

88 Toyota XCab Pickup- Daily Driver

Last edited by Evrgrnmtnman; 04-05-2013 at 06:53 PM. Reason: Spelling
Old 04-06-2013, 07:21 AM
Wincher

Cool

Unfortunately, it doesn't help you this time, but I'd check to Jesse at ATLR (on our vendor list) to see if he does the type of work that I need performed before checking anywhere else. I have found that he is reasonable and stands behind his work with fantastic customer service.

YMMV, but I've had him work on two different toys and with some fairly deep work (new engine and tranny case work).
Old 04-06-2013, 10:51 AM
Trail Ready

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sleepy View Post
Unfortunately, it doesn't help you this time, but I'd check to Jesse at ATLR (on our vendor list) to see if he does the type of work that I need performed before checking anywhere else. I have found that he is reasonable and stands behind his work with fantastic customer service.

YMMV, but I've had him work on two different toys and with some fairly deep work (new engine and tranny case work).
Jesse, does all my work on my truck. At the time he wasn't doing tranny rebuilds or I would have gone to him. If I end up swapping a used tranny into it, Jesse will do it........

88 Toyota XCab Pickup- Daily Driver