Rising Sun Member Forums  

Go Back   Rising Sun Member Forums > Toyota 4x4 > General Chit Chat

Old 04-29-2013, 09:51 AM
Hard Core 4+

Default Horses home... and donkey

Legend and Luke, and Samwise the guardian donkey, are HOME and settling in.

They saw their first elk today. Sam knew they were there, in the woods, LONG before I could see anything. (I sure hope he takes to walking through the woods with me come hunting season.... RADAR ears!).

Sam was noiseless; Legend kept calling to them - he wanted to play!

If you look carefully, you will notice a fancy lady with a new necklace.

And someone else is missing a tire swing and probably scratching their head wondering what happened to it.

KDěRCH
Bio Page
I'm that gun-totin', farm-raised, evangelical, pro-environment, OHV ridin'/drivin', Southern civil rights pro-labor Liberal yo' momma told you couldn't possibly exist.
Old 04-29-2013, 09:46 PM
Rising Sun Member

Looks like a nice spot to enjoy a good cup of coffee in the morning. Enjoy the solice.
Old 04-30-2013, 07:39 AM
Rising Sun Member

Good job on your corral, Bill. you'll have to get Samwise out on the trails this summer and get him ready for packing. maybe even the burro races in FairPlay?

I saw that elk sporting the tire on the news recently. Surprised CPW hasn't tranquilized it to get that off.

'85 FJ60
Old 04-30-2013, 09:25 AM
Hard Core 4+

LOL... Sam isn't a racey kind of guy. He is the most gentle, quiet and reflective beastie on this place. Yesterday Luke the yearling (who is amusingly TINY in comparison) tried all the horse pecking order dominance stuff with Sam. I was a bit concerned, but all Sam did was do a gentle push-kick correction and a lippy bite - if you could call it that - to stop Luke from nipping his hocks, forelegs, and groin. Luke even tried to climb on Sam (another dominance thing). Pretty amusing... all I could see was two tiny hoofs and a tiny muzzle reaching up on his back from the other side.

I think the cow could get it off if she wanted. It wasn't stuck, and it is large enough to easily admit her head. She is the herd cow... She seemed to 'strut' with it as she led the herd.

I think she thinks it is a status symbol.
KDěRCH
Bio Page
I'm that gun-totin', farm-raised, evangelical, pro-environment, OHV ridin'/drivin', Southern civil rights pro-labor Liberal yo' momma told you couldn't possibly exist.