Rising Sun Member Forums  

Go Back   Rising Sun Member Forums > Other Hobbies > The Bike Forum

Old 05-08-2013, 02:04 PM
Lifted

Thanks for the good advice and the offer to let me try your KDX too!

I looked at a couple other bikes and I actually settled on a CRF150RB expert. I know it was advised against, but I found the size to feel incredibly comfortable being able to tip toe on both sides of the bike. I definitely want to feel like I'm riding the bike not the other way around for my foray back into dirt. I was able to get a screaming deal on the bike for $1k less than book because the family is moving to Alaska on Friday. I dropped it off to get new fork seals, and a clutch seal and a couple other small things at the shop. I should be ready to ride in a week's time! I figure I'll put a couple hundred miles on it getting really comfortable again, then I can get rid of it for at least as much as I paid if not making a couple benjamins.

TLCA# 22666
Old 05-08-2013, 02:56 PM
Rising Sun Commander

Right on, sounds like a good deal and plan. I went a similar path- started with a 250 thinking it'd be easier to handle/manage when first starting out, could always upgrade later, etc. I ended up selling it within a few months, after it flat out disappointed me a few times. But like you mention in the end I really wasn't out much money, sold it for close to what I had in it, etc. Just the time invested in the 250 couldn't be recovered, that's all. I don't regret the path though, it got me into it plus I learned a ton about how these carbs work.

www.gamiviti.com

Old 05-08-2013, 03:51 PM
Lifted

Cool thanks for the insight! I could see myself getting a little bored quickly, but I'm the kinda person who would rather start off underwhelmed than overwhelmed. I'm very comfortable on the street on most any sport bike because I started riding dirt then street in 250cc>500cc>600cc>750cc>1500cc with a few Ducs mixed in there with odd ccs I know too many people who start off way over their heads and either get hurt or scared and don't ever ride again!

TLCA# 22666
Old 05-09-2013, 03:23 PM
Lifted

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red_Chili View Post
Try Hitchcock in Englewood to lower it right.
BTW - I just talked to Neil at Hitchcock, and he's going to rebuild the forks and dial in the suspension for me!

TLCA# 22666
Old 05-09-2013, 06:59 PM
Hard Core 4+

I bet a 150 would be pretty fun. Not sure where you live but Eagle and McCoy are dry. I'd be happy to show you some trails. Do you have boots and a helmet?
Old 05-10-2013, 08:14 AM
Lifted

Quote:
Originally Posted by farnhamstj View Post
I bet a 150 would be pretty fun. Not sure where you live but Eagle and McCoy are dry. I'd be happy to show you some trails. Do you have boots and a helmet?
I live down in Denver, but I have no problem cruising up there thank you for the offer! I have full leathers street setup and 3 street helmets, but no dirt gear yet. I'm going to go down to Performance Cycle on Broadway and pick up some gear this weekend. I will definitely be investing in good boots, helmet, roost/chest protector, gloves and probaly a few other odds and ends. I just picked up a moto carrier to slide into the hitch last night, so I should be all ready to here before long!

TLCA# 22666
Old 05-10-2013, 09:13 AM
Hard Core 4+

http://www.rockymountainatvmc.com/p/...ant?term=dakar

great deal if you're a 30" waist.
Old 05-10-2013, 09:31 AM
Lifted

I'm a 28 so that might be close enough - those look great!

TLCA# 22666
Old 05-30-2013, 04:47 PM
Lifted

I just picked it up from getting the forks redone by Neil over at Hitchcock Industries today! I'll be going out for a trial run this weekend and get the jetting dialed in. I picked up a helmet and a pair of those Klim Dakar pants and I'l be picking up a chest protector and boots before I go out this weekend. Hopefully I'll be able to join some of you all on a run here soon!
Attached Images

TLCA# 22666