Rising Sun Member Forums  

Go Back   Rising Sun Member Forums > Toyota 4x4 > General Chit Chat

Old 05-08-2013, 02:31 PM
Rising Sun Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by nuclearlemon View Post
Keep in mind the police most likely won't do squat with the video evidence though. I've been told it's too difficult to get a positive I.d.
Sounds about right. They just don't want to take the time to follow up on that kind of stuff.

TLCA #22468

2003 Tacoma TRD 4x4 4-Door

I would rather walk than drive anything that's 2WD.
Old 05-09-2013, 10:15 AM
Rising Sun Member

Crazy. The first thing the officer wanted when I reported my truck stolen was the parking lot footage.

"Squishy"-1988 Red Hilux Standard frame, X-tra cab, locked F&R, 5.29's, 35" tires and a SAS. In Moab STOLEN

"Apollo"-1988, 1999 3.4L, Supercharged, 2.1" URD pulley, URD 7th injector, 2 1/2" Magnaflow exhaust, TO DO: lift, locker.

"Did you know the IFS was designed by Hitler himself to make the life of 4WD owners tough? Yeah, it's true, he saw a vision of the Devil and he told him to do it." -DaveInDenver
Old 05-09-2013, 01:20 PM
Rising Sun Member

Send a message via AIM to Uncle Ben

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corbet View Post
We just have a sign, "Beware of the Bears" Now I just need to figure out how to keep the bears from breaking into the cars this summer. I don't mind all the Cheerios getting cleaned out but they are not real carful of the upholstery

Sucks you have to go through that on the front range. Cheap solution would be a game camera(hunting) They can do still or video and have IR lighting for night photos.
Absolutely! I use my game cameras all the time to catch folks dumping trash and whatnot on my properties at night and anytime I have something going bump in the night when everyone is sleeping. They kick butt and good one's have high enough resolution that they will suffice as evidence! I have also caught teen agers having sex behind buildings, pot smokers and drug deals and even caught a moma bear and her cub making a stealth visit to a trash can (city). Great entertainment!
TLCA #3007
Northside!

Colorado Trail Patrol
Stay on the Trail!
I'm the God-fearing, gun-toting, American flag-waving, conservative you were warned about!
Quote:
Originally Posted by AxleIke View Post
I need an FJ40....
Quote:
Originally Posted by Red_Chili View Post
Cruisers are superior
Old 05-10-2013, 09:19 AM
Hard Core 4+

Absolutely! I use my game cameras all the time to catch folks dumping trash and whatnot on my properties at night and anytime I have something going bump in the night when everyone is sleeping.

Kevin - what model game camera do you have? The ones I have tried were not impressive and many reviews on the Cabelas site leave me wondering. I still want to get one.
Old 05-12-2013, 04:33 PM
Rising Sun Member

I think the best thing I have seen is a friend of mine in congress park rigged a few lights up to a motion sensor...something crazy in the many thousands of lumens...and he put a flasher and clock on it. So when anything came near his ally after midnight, it lit up like it was daytime and it was flashing. You'd have to have some crazy balls to keep breaking into a vehicle with these lights flashing on you!
"Just because California does it, doesn't make it a good idea, or the right way to do it! If you like California so much, please move there. Don't make the rest of us live in the same HORROR!!!"
Old 05-13-2013, 04:37 PM
Rising Sun Member

I found the best deterrent is to be poor (and look it!) in a rich neighborhood.
Whatever camera you put in, I think I would have a sign that says so.
My brother in law was using a game camera, and it wasn't bad, but blew threw memory and batteries pretty quickly. Apparently, there was a LOT of motion going on at night...critters, wind, you name it.
My latest plan is to move all my tools out of the garage and into a shed that doesn't open to the alley. They could still break in, but it would require bigger balls as I would have a clear view of them from my house doing it...as would my neighbor.
Nothing pisses me off more than theft, and tis the season for it to start. Reminds me to go change bulbs tonight.
1974V8J40, 1992FJ80, 1985FJ60, 1971FJ55, 1978FJ40, 1974FJ40, 1997 LX450 all long gone.
KD0PZL
Old 05-14-2013, 11:14 AM
Rising Sun Member

My Cameras images are not too bad, I don't think I could recommend my system, as I would prefer higher quality image but seems like that price point moves up from 345.00 to 1200.00
Attached Images

KD0IFE

Off Road Pics
http://www.Chrissandstormfj.smugmug.com
Old 05-14-2013, 03:35 PM
Rising Sun Member

Dunno man, in some cases that might be good enough. Last year when I was building my gates, I noticed that the same 5 trucks came through the alley regularly. One of them has chain link fencing high up the sides so they can haul more scrap, and even had a sign on the side "Lelu's" or something. If that guy stopped, got out and took your awning, you would have zero difficulty identifying his truck. You would have a hard time identifying a subaru, but those guys that cruiser the alleys have VERY unique rides b/c they are so cobbled together.
1974V8J40, 1992FJ80, 1985FJ60, 1971FJ55, 1978FJ40, 1974FJ40, 1997 LX450 all long gone.
KD0PZL
Old 05-14-2013, 04:16 PM
Rising Sun Member

True, mostly I worried about night theft..

Here is a shot from my other cam
Attached Images

KD0IFE

Off Road Pics
http://www.Chrissandstormfj.smugmug.com