Rising Sun Member Forums  

Go Back   Rising Sun Member Forums > Toyota 4x4 > 4Wheeling and Event Staging Area

Notices

Old 06-13-2013, 09:22 PM
Rising Sun member

I can meet anybody who needs help getting to the trailhead at the visitor center at 8:30. We'll have easy radio contact with you nakman, and I know exactly where you plan on camping
1977 FJ40 2F "Brahma" + Lockright, tach, Warn 8274, FJ60 Power Steering, soon to lose the Sanden OBA to go back to factory emissions
1996 FZJ80 1FZ-FE factory lockers + Safari Turbo , CDL switch, cup holder, AATLAS1X leather, heated seats and JDM switches
2000 Tundra Limited TRD 2UZ-FE SOLD
Old 06-14-2013, 07:18 PM
Rising Sun Member

Matt, looks like Carolyn and I will be in for the clean-up run...should be fun!!
Old 06-16-2013, 11:28 AM
Rising Sun Member

So I was looking at the threads from past cleanup runs, and I saw these pictures of a small cabin, or shack, that's up there.

I'm curious what the deal is with this cabin. It looks like people have been camping out there from time to time. (these pictures were from 2010) Can someone do that? Is the Forest service cool with people camping out for a night in the cabin? I think it would be pretty cool to do that one weekend.

TLCA #22468

2003 Tacoma TRD 4x4 4-Door

I would rather walk than drive anything that's 2WD.
Old 06-16-2013, 02:43 PM

hey matt i have to work so i will not be making it to the clean up, but if things change i'll me up with everybody.
Old 06-16-2013, 04:59 PM
Rising Sun Member

Ashley and I are in! Possibly our brothers too.

"Squishy"-1988 Red Hilux Standard frame, X-tra cab, locked F&R, 5.29's, 35" tires and a SAS. In Moab STOLEN

"Apollo"-1988 Hilux, 1999 3.4L, Supercharged, 2.1" URD pulley, URD 7th injector, 2 1/2" Magnaflow exhaust, TO DO: lift, locker.

"RedChili"-1987 Super Beast

"Did you know the IFS was designed by Hitler himself to make the life of 4WD owners tough? Yeah, it's true, he saw a vision of the Devil and he told him to do it." -DaveInDenver
Old 06-17-2013, 08:16 AM
Rising Sun member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shotshell View Post
So I was looking at the threads from past cleanup runs, and I saw these pictures of a small cabin, or shack, that's up there.

I'm curious what the deal is with this cabin. It looks like people have been camping out there from time to time. (these pictures were from 2010) Can someone do that? Is the Forest service cool with people camping out for a night in the cabin? I think it would be pretty cool to do that one weekend.
I think (but don't quote me) the Forest Service discourages folks from camping in structures like this that aren't maintained. It's simply a collapse hazard (honestly I would rather sleep outside in a tent than under that roof). But I doubt it is against any kind of law. The Forest Service is planning on closing off motorized access to that cabin, so in a couple years it will only be hiking access and will probably be a lot less used.
1977 FJ40 2F "Brahma" + Lockright, tach, Warn 8274, FJ60 Power Steering, soon to lose the Sanden OBA to go back to factory emissions
1996 FZJ80 1FZ-FE factory lockers + Safari Turbo , CDL switch, cup holder, AATLAS1X leather, heated seats and JDM switches
Old 06-17-2013, 02:05 PM
Rock Stacker

We (my wife and I) are not members (yet), but are curious if we could join the cleanup?

We have a 2006 4Runner (grey) SR5, with BudBuilt skids, White-Knuckle sliders, BFG ATs, and a Perkins bumper on the way.

Is there anything useful we could be bring? Thanks.
Old 06-17-2013, 04:25 PM
Rising Sun Member

Always! Not to mention when you do join you'll have your one event under your belt already.

"Squishy"-1988 Red Hilux Standard frame, X-tra cab, locked F&R, 5.29's, 35" tires and a SAS. In Moab STOLEN

"Apollo"-1988 Hilux, 1999 3.4L, Supercharged, 2.1" URD pulley, URD 7th injector, 2 1/2" Magnaflow exhaust, TO DO: lift, locker.

"RedChili"-1987 Super Beast

"Did you know the IFS was designed by Hitler himself to make the life of 4WD owners tough? Yeah, it's true, he saw a vision of the Devil and he told him to do it." -DaveInDenver
Old 06-17-2013, 04:47 PM
Rising Sun member

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Ghost To Most View Post
We (my wife and I) are not members (yet), but are curious if we could join the cleanup?

We have a 2006 4Runner (grey) SR5, with BudBuilt skids, White-Knuckle sliders, BFG ATs, and a Perkins bumper on the way.

Is there anything useful we could be bring? Thanks.
Absolutely! We would love to have you!

As far as what to bring, work gloves, trash bags, sturdy shoes, and a good attitude!

We won't have carsonite to install this go-round, but we'll be putting up a couple posters and just generally trying to make sure everything is in tip top shape!
Old 06-18-2013, 11:48 AM
Rising Sun Member

You know what's more fun than playing in the Argentine Pass area? Sitting bored out of my mind in Pittsburgh. OK, maybe not so much.

Boo! to work!

Dan