Rising Sun Member Forums  

Go Back   Rising Sun Member Forums > Toyota 4x4 > Land Use

Notices

Old 09-26-2011, 10:02 AM
Rising Sun Member

Wes-Farnham,

How far are these trails from Vail? Melinda and I were invited for up there this coming weekend and I wondered if it would be a good day trip from up there?
KD0IFE

Off Road Pics
http://www.Chrissandstormfj.smugmug.com
Old 09-26-2011, 01:25 PM
Hard Core 4+

Mill creek starts in town. Past 1st bank, up forest rd, turns to dirt. Veer left just before the gate at Chair 10. Rest are 30 minutes away. West on i70-HWy 24 S to Town of Redcliff. PM me maybe I'll join you.
Old 09-26-2011, 03:28 PM
Rising Sun Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by farnhamstj View Post
Mill creek starts in town. Past 1st bank, up forest rd, turns to dirt. Veer left just before the gate at Chair 10. Rest are 30 minutes away. West on i70-HWy 24 S to Town of Redcliff. PM me maybe I'll join you.
Cool, will send you my cell.
KD0IFE

Off Road Pics
http://www.Chrissandstormfj.smugmug.com
Old 09-29-2011, 10:54 AM
Rising Sun Member

Pics taken yesterday, 9/28. The trucked-in rocks start at about 1/10th of mile up from the Shrine Pass Rd and Wearyman's intersection. We stopped at 2/10ths up the trail as the rocks were bouncing us all around and we couldn't get to Camp Hale via this route. Dump truck tracks were seen and it's obvious that the culvert replacement is a big project.
Attached Images

Old 09-29-2011, 11:58 AM
Hard Core 4+

I saw that sign last week also, but was able to get through without issue. Not sure about trucked in rocks. That's what the trail looks like when it's not underwater. photo is about 100 yard up, you can see the leaning tree.
Attached Images

Old 09-29-2011, 12:54 PM
Rising Sun Commander

Amazing how different it looks without any water. That big rock to the left was the one that gave the whole line a little trouble a month ago.. actually one of the highlights of the run. Here's an arrow pointing to that rock Jon is looking at above.
Attached Images

www.gamiviti.com

Old 06-26-2013, 07:21 PM
Hard Core 4+

Went for a little exploration today. Wearyman's is still open. However Lime Creek now has a Closed to motor vehicles sign ;(

Water in Wearyman's is running boards deep. and there is a few inches on the rest of it.

If someone wants a tour I'm happy to put something together. Mid week afternoons are best for me.
Old 06-28-2013, 08:43 PM
Rising Sun Member

OK, I've got to say this. This has been driving me nuts for years.
Now, before I continue, I will say that I understand the role the forest service plays in protecting the national forests. I'm not trying to be rude or start a bunch of crap here.
Aren't the national forests public land? Are they not there for the enjoyment of the public? We all work hard to keep them clean and protect them in order to preserve them for our future generations. But the forest service's indiscriminate closures of roads and access to these areas is exasperating. How will I be able to take my children, and some day my grandchildren to these places and let them explore and learn responsible use of the land? If these national forests are public lands, then why is the public increasingly barred from using them? It's ludicrous.
I'm just expressing how I feel about this sort of thing.
And how I feel is exasperated, irritated, and I feel as though we (the off road community) are being excluded and discriminated against.
There, that's all I have to say about it.

TLCA #22468

2003 Tacoma TRD 4x4 4-Door

I would rather walk than drive anything that's 2WD.