Rising Sun Member Forums  

Go Back   Rising Sun Member Forums > For Sale + Help > For Sale / Wanted

Old 08-18-2013, 08:13 AM
Lifted

Default Need a job? Want to learn body work?

Hey RS,

I work at a busy, independent, body shop in Lakewood as an auto body tech. The time has come for me to hire a helper. This is an huge opportunity for the right individual, I was saving this job for my own son but he can't come to work for me until he is 15, that's 4 years away. I will be sharing all my tools and teaching my trade. Drivers license is a must. I would prefer someone younger who is passionate about working on cars. This is hard work, only passion will provide adequate motivation. Once a person gets tools, and learns the trade, there is potential to make a career from this. If you have someone in mind, send me a PM to get me in touch. I can get an interview for them, and my boss will make the final decision which will be heavily influenced by who I ask him to hire. The paycheck my helper gets is deducted directly from my paycheck. I make commission so when I get more, my helper gets more. Somebody know a motivated youngster who loves the industry? This might be for them.
TLCA#22551
Old 08-20-2013, 12:09 AM
Rock Stacker

Is experience required, or just a hunger to learn? I'm a 24 year old college grad who has always wanted to get into the industry, but my high school didn't even offer a shop class. Recently left the "corporate" job world and looking for a change (something to make a career of, not a fast food job).

Undying passion for all things automotive (shopping for my next FZJ80 as we speak), and actually plan on moving from Denver to Lakewood in the next month. My personal email is ALTownsend1@gmail.com if you get a chance to discuss. Thanks!

http://forum.ih8mud.com/80-series-te...time-fj-3.html
Old 08-20-2013, 07:24 AM
Lifted

No experience required.

PM sent. Give me a call.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CO80 View Post
Is experience required, or just a hunger to learn? I'm a 24 year old college grad who has always wanted to get into the industry, but my high school didn't even offer a shop class. Recently left the "corporate" job world and looking for a change (something to make a career of, not a fast food job).

Undying passion for all things automotive (shopping for my next FZJ80 as we speak), and actually plan on moving from Denver to Lakewood in the next month. My personal email is ALTownsend1@gmail.com if you get a chance to discuss. Thanks!
TLCA#22551
Old 08-20-2013, 10:01 AM
Hard Core 4+

"I would prefer someone younger" careful with phrases like this, you are opening yourself up for a discrimination lawsuit.
Old 08-20-2013, 10:48 AM
Lifted

Quote:
Originally Posted by farnhamstj View Post
"I would prefer someone younger" careful with phrases like this, you are opening yourself up for a discrimination lawsuit.
Then sue me. I'm 34. By "younger" I mean younger then me. I'm not apprenticing someone older then me, not discriminating, it just doesn't work. No since wasting any bodies time, that is the reason for my honesty.
TLCA#22551
Old 08-20-2013, 01:09 PM
Hard Core 4+

Hey, I don't care. I'm just trying to look out for you.
Old 08-20-2013, 03:40 PM
Rising Sun Event Coordinator

I don't believe this is an EEO liability. You have the right as an employer to hire someone who fits the need of what you're hiring for. Telling someone, "you're fired because you're 40, or white, or gay, or female" is different.

In a government job, 40 is the new magic age. Over 40 and someone calls you "gramps"..... there could be an issue.

Xplore Colorado
OutdoorX4 Magazine Marketing/Editorial/Photography
100's in the Hills website
"What's that? I can't hear you over my heated seats"-KW
Old 08-20-2013, 05:58 PM
Lifted

Pm ya ! Very interested!
Old 08-21-2013, 09:25 AM
Lifted

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajax View Post
Pm ya ! Very interested!