Rising Sun Member Forums  

Go Back   Rising Sun Member Forums > Toyota 4x4 > 4Wheeling and Event Staging Area

Old 09-05-2013, 04:59 PM
Rising Sun Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BritKLR View Post
Marco-

I live up the road in Ned and would love to attend this, but I don't have my Membership paperwork in yet (waiting TLCA card), so is it possible to attend and help out?

Thanks.

Paul Carrill
Adventure Tool Company
AS Ken said, we'd love to have you.

No need to be a member to go on any runs or participate in an event... in fact, it is a requirement that you attend an event BEFORE you can be eligible for membership. You have to make sure you even want to hang out with the bunch

So yeah come on out!
82 FJ40
Old 09-05-2013, 05:00 PM
Rising Sun Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JadeRunner View Post
Thanks UB. The crock-pot will be a little slow and would cook the already cooked meat. So just a dual burner stove to heat the large pan of meat will work.
I'll bring my dual burner coleman and I am sure as Kevin says there will be others so we should be set
82 FJ40
Old 09-05-2013, 10:47 PM
Rising Sun Member

It looks like the FS is planning on having two trucks and four people up there. They are serious about repairing the buck and rail near the start of the trail and installing it near Jenny Lake so they want to make sure they have the resources. They have everything they need as far as equipment for that goes.

We will leave the trailhead in the morning and travel up Jenny Creek doing work along the way while the FS trucks head up to Yankee Doodle. The idea is that we meet at the top and finish the work in the afternoon.

If possible we should do lunch up near Yankee Doodle since the majority of the folks will be up there at that time. Does that work Scott? Lunch for 20ppl sounds like a good number.
82 FJ40
Old 09-06-2013, 08:43 AM
Rising Sun Member

Looks like I am able to join you guys tomorrow! Looking forward to a great day!
Old 09-06-2013, 09:26 AM
Rising Sun Member

That's fine. I will keep the food in the back of my runner. I will just need the dual burner stove 30 minutes prior to lunch.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rover67 View Post

If possible we should do lunch up near Yankee Doodle since the majority of the folks will be up there at that time. Does that work Scott? Lunch for 20ppl sounds like a good number.
Old 09-06-2013, 06:32 PM
Rising Sun Member

I'm thinking of coming up in the morning but wanted to make sure if a stock 100 will be fine on this trail!
I think I heard during the meeting stock vehicles would do ok. Is that accurate?

Thanks

TLCA #22380

'74 40 series (home brewed center and dash boxes)

'06 100 series (Gamiviti half rack {thanks Tim}, home brewed roof basket, rear drawers on the works)
Old 09-06-2013, 11:24 PM
Cruise Moab Committee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Get Outside View Post
I'm thinking of coming up in the morning but wanted to make sure if a stock 100 will be fine on this trail!
I think I heard during the meeting stock vehicles would do ok. Is that accurate?

Thanks
Yes, I ran it in my 60 last year for this trail cleanup run and the only issue I had was driver error.

I am so bummed that I have conflicting commitments, I will be at the Kittredge Canyonfest all day tomorrow running sound for the bands and doing the volunteer thing for my community Civic Association, otherwise I would be there for this event.
Rising Sun 4WD Club, TLCA #4063
http://american3dprinting.net/
Old 09-07-2013, 05:54 PM
Rising Sun Member

What an awesome day today guys...and lady Forest Rangers! We got a ton of work done, and thanks Marco for your organization and helping me air back up. Yes, the ride down this afternoon was a little "stiffer" than the ride up this morning! The Q-Doba buffet as great Scott...thanks for bringing that up as well. Can't wait to see some photos!
Old 09-07-2013, 08:11 PM
Rising Sun Member

I had a great day. One of the tasks that I really like is creating the buck & rail fences. When you have a group of people that want to create something, its amazing how fast and smoothly you can make it happen. Rising Sun rocks!

If you've never been up Jenny Creek and the Rollins Pass area, you really should go.
"If you know what you're doing, then you aren't learning anything." - A. Lincoln
Old 09-08-2013, 07:54 AM
Wincher

Default Thanks

I really enjoyed helping out yesterday. I learned a great deal about what it takes to help keep the forest, campsites and trails cleared and opened. RS should be proud of the work that you do and the partnership you have with the Forest Service.

Thanks for treating me like one of the team and I look forward to RS membership and future events.

Paul
Attached Images