Rising Sun Member Forums  

Go Back   Rising Sun Member Forums > Toyota 4x4 > General Tech Forum

Notices

Old 10-03-2013, 12:59 PM
Rock Stacker

Default Head Casting Numbers - please help!

I recently purchased, what I was told to be, a rebuilt "F" head for my '68 FJ40. When I went to put the head on the block I discovered that the alignment pillars (unk terminology) don't go into the holes on the bottom side of the head. The casting number on the head is 60200. Can anyone identify this casting number and tell me what year and model engine this is for? It doesn't seem to be for mine, that's for sure!

Thanks in advance for the help!!!
Old 10-03-2013, 02:19 PM
Hard Core 4+

Quote:
Originally Posted by gpkaufm View Post
I recently purchased, what I was told to be, a rebuilt "F" head for my '68 FJ40. When I went to put the head on the block I discovered that the alignment pillars (unk terminology) don't go into the holes on the bottom side of the head. The casting number on the head is 60200. Can anyone identify this casting number and tell me what year and model engine this is for? It doesn't seem to be for mine, that's for sure!

Thanks in advance for the help!!!
no books at work to check, but i don't believe there was a 60200. there was a 60020 used pre 69, but not sure exactly when without my books.

the pillars are are alignment dowels.

are you sure your engine is original? what year was the head supposed to be for? there may be differences between the f135, f145 and f155s, so knowing which the head is for might help
ige tlca #1431
Old 10-03-2013, 04:40 PM
Rising Sun member

Not quite sure, maybe this will help?

"Pre '68 F engines used siamesed exhaust ports and a deep "bathtub" style combustion chamber. They're pretty much on their own so far as interchanging anything.

From then until '72 the F engine used a flattop piston and a closed combustion chamber.

'73 and '74 F engines used an open combustion chamber and a very small dome on the piston."
Rising Sun Bio
1977 FJ40 2F "Brahma" + Lockright, tach, Warn 8274, FJ60 Power Steering, soon to lose the Sanden OBA to go back to factory emissions
1996 FZJ80 1FZ-FE factory lockers + Safari Turbo , CDL switch, cup holder, AATLAS1X leather, heated seats and JDM switches
2000 Tundra Limited TRD 2UZ-FE SOLD