Rising Sun Member Forums  

Go Back   Rising Sun Member Forums > Toyota 4x4 > Trip and Event Reports

Old 01-08-2007, 01:03 PM
Hard Core 4+

We, Jay and I had a blast. It was cool to see so many rigs from big to small, mine was definetly small compared to the others. We got some nice shots of peope blasting through the snow and of course getting stuck. Jay will get me a copy of his pictures sometime this week. I am working on my shots, will post some now.

Just wanted to say thanks to all who helped peull me out and Steve who gave me a jacket, forgot mine but did not need it really. Also a thanks from Jay for the pizza, good stuff.

Here are some pics I took, not sure who everyone is yet but they tell the story.
Attached Images

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockRunner;
keys = Man that is a whole story

TLCA #6136
Going under the knife again !

85 4runner Marlin Ultimate 5" lift 40" MTR's Soft top and doors Towed to Moab by the Big Blue Whale, 07.5 Dodge Mega Cab Laramie 4" lift covered and chiped No more slow lane for me
Old 01-08-2007, 01:25 PM
Hard Core 4+

Here are a few more, I'll post some of the others later. May see if I can get them on Comcast or something like that.

1 Dualing banjos
2 You got a shovel??
3 Steve flinging snow
4 Bill trying to save gas
5 The work detail.
Attached Images

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockRunner;
keys = Man that is a whole story

TLCA #6136
Going under the knife again !

85 4runner Marlin Ultimate 5" lift 40" MTR's Soft top and doors Towed to Moab by the Big Blue Whale, 07.5 Dodge Mega Cab Laramie 4" lift covered and chiped No more slow lane for me
Old 01-08-2007, 02:24 PM
Trail Ready

If anyone is interested in some more snow bashing Colorado Land Cruisers is having a run on the 20th near rampart range.. we would love to see some rising sun guys that love the snow!
http://forum.ih8mud.com/showthread.php?t=128591
Trevor
Old 01-08-2007, 07:07 PM
Rising Sun Member

Send a message via AIM to Uncle Ben

Quote:
Originally Posted by isotel View Post
If anyone is interested in some more snow bashing Colorado Land Cruisers is having a run on the 20th near rampart range.. we would love to see some rising sun guys that love the snow!
http://forum.ih8mud.com/showthread.php?t=128591
Trevor
Thanks for the invite Trev! If I get my 80 back together I just might possibly join you.
TLCA #3007
Northside!

Colorado Trail Patrol
Stay on the Trail!
I'm the God-fearing, gun-toting, American flag-waving, conservative you were warned about!
Quote:
Originally Posted by AxleIke View Post
I need an FJ40....
Quote:
Originally Posted by Red_Chili View Post
Cruisers are superior
Old 01-08-2007, 07:43 PM
Rising Sun Member

Default Further Thoughts

Thanks to Stephen Rudy for helping me chain up and to Ige for helping me unchain. Also thanks to Ige for making sure I kept my Carhartt coat zipped up - it sucks being a one handed gimp and unable to zip up your own jacket. I purposely didn't take much in the way of fluids but I'm sure Ige would have helped me there too. I'm really glad that the Longfields held up as I would have really been up you-know-which creek if a birf had let go this year like one did last on last year's pizza run. Come to think of it, I would have been up the same creek then without Cheeseman's help and parts. Cheeseman, where the heck were you yesterday?
Maybe next year the skis, I mean, springs will be up a little higher and Bart will be better able to negotiate the deep stuff like we had on this run. SOA? Who knows?? Treeroot's pictures on his site showed the SUA plowing pretty good.
Thanks, too, to Jaderunner and the Rising Sun for a great run and pizza and storytelling afterwards.
Old 01-08-2007, 08:12 PM
Rising Sun Member

Had a great time. Thanks everyone who pulled me out. And especially thanks Red Chili for helping me make sure my daughter didn't end up under one of the trucks while negotiating the parking area in the sled. Here are a few pics.
Thanks subzali, the pic turned out pretty good.

Name:  DSCN0468a.JPG
Views: 187
Size:  64.3 KB

Name:  DSCN0473a.JPG
Views: 181
Size:  70.3 KB

Name:  DSCN0475a.JPG
Views: 185
Size:  73.8 KB

Name:  DSCN0482a.JPG
Views: 185
Size:  62.2 KB
Old 01-08-2007, 11:33 PM
Rising Sun member

I thought Cheeseman was pulling you out last year and his let go? Other way around? I'm so confused, although last year I was still trying to find out which 62 belonged to who. I think if a Longfield broke then everybody would have to pitch in and buy extra and Nathaniel would have to give up that trophy he got for his rear axleshaft.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crash View Post
Come to think of it, I would have been up the same creek then without Cheeseman's help and parts. Cheeseman, where the heck were you yesterday?
1977 FJ40 2F "Brahma" + Lockright, tach, Warn 8274, FJ60 Power Steering, soon to lose the Sanden OBA to go back to factory emissions
1996 FZJ80 1FZ-FE factory lockers + Safari Turbo , CDL switch, cup holder, Metric TLC leather, heated seats and JDM switches
2000 Tundra Limited TRD 2UZ-FE SOLD
Old 01-08-2007, 11:37 PM
Cruise Moab Co-Chairman

Here are some of my pictures. The first two are of Matt Farr in Hulk, triing to be the first one to break into the parking lot before he put his chains on and getting stuck. The last one is of me at the play area, where I took the group to on the way back.
Attached Images

Old 01-09-2007, 09:01 AM
Hard Core 4+

Anybody got mpegs?
KDØRCH
Bio Page
I'm that gun-totin', farm-raised, evangelical, pro-environment, OHV ridin'/drivin', Southern civil rights pro-labor Liberal yo' momma told you couldn't possibly exist.
Old 01-09-2007, 09:55 AM
Rising Sun Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by subzali View Post
I thought Cheeseman was pulling you out last year and his let go? Other way around? I'm so confused, although last year I was still trying to find out which 62 belonged to who. I think if a Longfield broke then everybody would have to pitch in and buy extra and Nathaniel would have to give up that trophy he got for his rear axleshaft.

Cheeseman was unchained so we decided he would break trail and I was right behind him and chained up. He got BIG stuck and I was strapping him backwards when the birf broke on my passenger side. I didn't realize the the steering was at full lock so it was a classic case of going backwards, steering at full lock and grabbing traction in an uneven manner due to the chains. Birf probably would have held up if I'd have hadn't had the steering cocked to one side - should have stuck my head out the window!