Rising Sun Member Forums  

Go Back   Rising Sun Member Forums > Toyota 4x4 > General Chit Chat

Old 03-24-2013, 04:08 PM
Hard Core 4+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fishy View Post
I'm not very tech savvy, but can I just sit the camera down, press record and let it do it's thing..... then pick it back up and use a program on the computer to turn it into timelapse? That's the kind of stuff I'm looking for.

REI has a 20% off sale for members, plus I have some gift cards so I thought the GoPro3 Silver might be a good idea.
Not sure if they will let you use that for the Hero, would be great. LMK if they do have $200 plus in divs to use.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockRunner;
keys = Man that is a whole story

TLCA #6136
Going under the knife again !

85 4runner Marlin Ultimate 5" lift 40" MTR's Soft top and doors Towed to Moab by the Big Blue Whale, 07.5 Dodge Mega Cab Laramie 4" lift covered and chiped No more slow lane for me
Old 03-24-2013, 09:52 PM
Rising Sun Member

You can:

http://www.rei.com/product/849164/go...gle-helmet-cam
1974V8J40, 1992FJ80, 1985FJ60, 1971FJ55, 1978FJ40, 1974FJ40, 1997 LX450 all long gone.
KD0PZL
Old 03-25-2013, 12:08 AM
Rising Sun Event Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockRunner View Post
Not sure if they will let you use that for the Hero, would be great. LMK if they do have $200 plus in divs to use.
Yeah, I called about that. The first person said it had a built in GPS so I couldn't use the 20% off, I said I didn't think so.....another person got on and said I could use it. Still looking into what I want.

TLCA Social Media
100's in the Hills website
"What's that? I can't hear you over my heated seats"-KW
Old 11-29-2013, 03:54 PM

Bringing this thread back up.....

Best Buy has a Black Friday Weekend deal on the Go Pro Hero 3 Black Edition. Normally $329 on sale for $249. The line last night was out the door and around the corner at 6pm for the $499 55" LG TV and the Go Pro. There was no way I was waiting, so I went back over at 10pm and of course they were all sold out of both. (Still had to wait to get in the store)

I drove over to the Best Buy at 25 and Colorado this morning, the parking lot was half full and there was hardly anyone in the store. As soon as I walked in the 55" LG was stacked 10 high on sale from $1099 to $499 and Go Pros were stacked 30 high. No lines, no waiting, no tickets needed.

I got the TV and ended up getting the Hero 3+ Black Edition instead of the regular HERO3 Black. I probably paid for the hype, but battery life and sound quality were big improvements on the 3+. Plus, I wanted the long range Wifi and remote. If you're in the market for a HERO 3 Black Edition and a really nice TV, there are still some to be had.

TLCA Social Media

Last edited by Fishy; 11-29-2013 at 04:37 PM.
Old 03-15-2014, 05:16 PM
Rising Sun Member

I am considering upgrading from the original Hero to a Hero3+...

Going to strap the original on my side kick, Ben.. I picked up the chesty mount this year, works great, we have been using our Hero a bunch this ski season.

Stan have you used yours much? I am curious about the firmware issues I have read about with the 3+, sounds like the 3+ has sharper image, 12mp photo vs. 5mp with the 3 and 30 minutes more battery life.
KD0IFE

Off Road Pics
http://www.Chrissandstormfj.smugmug.com
Old 03-15-2014, 11:20 PM

I'm actually pretty happy with it Chris. The movie editing software isn't my favorite though. I usually use something else to edit the videos. Video quality is good, the Super View is all hype though, I never use it. It's just over stretched video that distorts at the top and bottom.

The ability to control and view everything right from my iPhone is VERY cool. I can preview and view real time with sound right from my phone. I can even change all settings. Battery life stinks, but I ordered a Wasabi battery kit and charger from Amazon. It was only $20 and included 2 extra batteries and home/car charger. Now I can keep rotating them through with one always being charged, one in the camera, and one standing by.

TLCA Social Media
Old 03-16-2014, 09:01 AM
Rising Sun Member

Quote:
I'm actually pretty happy with it Chris. The movie editing software isn't my favorite though. I usually use something else to edit the videos. Video quality is good, the Super View is all hype though, I never use it. It's just over stretched video that distorts at the top and bottom.

The ability to control and view everything right from my iPhone is VERY cool. I can preview and view real time with sound right from my phone. I can even change all settings. Battery life stinks, but I ordered a Wasabi battery kit and charger from Amazon. It was only $20 and included 2 extra batteries and home/car charger. Now I can keep rotating them through with one always being charged, one in the camera, and one standing by.
sweet thanks for the added battery tip!
KD0IFE

Off Road Pics
http://www.Chrissandstormfj.smugmug.com
Old 03-16-2014, 10:22 AM
Rising Sun Member

Quote:
The ability to control and view everything right from my iPhone is VERY cool. I can preview and view real time with sound right from my phone. I can even change all settings.
This was probably the coolest upgrade. I was really happy when they came out with this. I use it all the time on trail runs or skiing.

TLCA #22468
2003 Tacoma TRD 4x4 4-Door

I would rather walk than drive anything that's 2WD.
Old 03-16-2014, 02:31 PM
Rising Sun Member

My stepdad is a pro photographer and uses this function on his octocopter setup every shoot. It's amazing to see first person view on that thing.

"Squishy"-1988 Red Hilux Standard frame, X-tra cab, locked F&R, 5.29's, 35" tires and a SAS. In Moab

"Apollo"-1988, 2001 3.4L, Supercharged, 2.1" URD pulley, 2 1/2" Magnaflow exhaust, TO DO: SAS, Duals.

"Did you know the IFS was designed by Hitler himself to make the life of 4WD owners tough? Yeah, it's true, he saw a vision of the Devil and he told him to do it." -DaveInDenver