Rising Sun Member Forums  

Go Back   Rising Sun Member Forums > Toyota 4x4 > General Chit Chat

Old 11-30-2013, 08:45 AM
Hard Core 4+

it has turned into quite the ordeal.

2014 trucks are about 6-10% higher than the 2013 trucks. Then you add in the lack of incentives, as manufacturers are not having to push these off the lot anymore. that's another 2k. Then you have the delta in cost between the zero percent at 60mos vs 36mos.Then you add in the taxes, the rental, etc etc, as well as having the place a claim against the city (they are self insured) and it gets ugly real quick.

john (johnny) henley
Old 11-30-2013, 09:28 AM
Rising Sun Member

Sorry to here that John, I come walking into the living room and see you on the news yesterday and said to my wife I know that guy, that's John. I sure hope they take care of everything, that was a very nice truck.
Old 11-30-2013, 05:34 PM
Hard Core 4+

Saw you on TV this morning. Total bummer, hire an attorney if you haven't already. Start gathering receipts. Best of luck to you.
Old 11-30-2013, 07:45 PM
Rising Sun Secretary

Seems like since you weren't even in the truck it should be a pretty straight forward process that your insurance company should handle. I'm sure you have full coverage since its a new truck. They should pay for the repairs, minus your deductible, and go after the city for reimbursement of their expenses. They should eventually refund your deductible. The whole process from crash to getting my truck back took me about a month.
2013 F-150 "Black Ops"
Old 12-01-2013, 08:29 AM
Hard Core 4+

i always thought it was kind of b.s. that they can issue tickets for texting and driving and talking on the phone and stuff, yet they are on their computers (which are off to the side, not in front of them like phones are). they're also on their phones too. i hope the laws apply to them in this case....that cop deserves a ticket and to be listed as "at fault".
ige tlca #1431
Old 12-01-2013, 09:16 PM
Cruise Moab Committee

So sorry john. Never a fun process. keeping your plight close in mind.

"Squishy"-1988 Red Hilux Standard frame, X-tra cab, locked F&R, 5.29's, 35" tires and a SAS. In Moab STOLEN

"Apollo"-1988 Hilux, 1999 3.4L, Supercharged, 2.1" URD pulley, URD 7th injector, 2 1/2" Magnaflow exhaust, TO DO: lift, locker.

"RedChili"-1987 Super Beast

"Did you know the IFS was designed by Hitler himself to make the life of 4WD owners tough? Yeah, it's true, he saw a vision of the Devil and he told him to do it." -DaveInDenver
Old 12-02-2013, 10:45 PM
Rising Sun Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 60wag View Post
I was watching the news last night and saw the story. I told my wife, "Hey, I know that guy! He is in Rising Sun." Bummer about the truck. I hope they total it so you don't have to deal with getting it repaired.
X2

Said the exact same to wife while watching news. Let's just hope this is it for you this year, John!
"Just because California does it, doesn't make it a good idea, or the right way to do it! If you like California so much, please move there. Don't make the rest of us live in the same HORROR!!!"