Rising Sun Member Forums  

Go Back   Rising Sun Member Forums > Toyota 4x4 > General Tech Forum

Old 12-13-2013, 09:50 AM
Rising Sun Member

Send a message via AIM to Uncle Ben

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squishy! View Post
On the complete opposite end is my dad with the most beautiful 4runner you'll ever see.
Is that what that thing is.....I couldn't tell through my welding helmet which is the only thing I can look at it through in the sun!
TLCA #3007
Northside!

Colorado Trail Patrol
Stay on the Trail!
I'm the God-fearing, gun-toting, American flag-waving, conservative you were warned about!
Quote:
Originally Posted by AxleIke View Post
I need an FJ40....
Quote:
Originally Posted by Red_Chili View Post
Cruisers are superior
Old 12-13-2013, 12:55 PM
Lifted

Quote:
Hey man, that attitude is EXACTLY how you fit in with RS! And I know exactly what you mean. You, me, dave and others fit in pretty well even with our Minis! There are actually a number of really badass mini's in this club too! In the end, its all about enjoying the sport. Its what I love about this club.

Cheers!
Thank you.

Quote:
Had I not just found another really cheap 40 there'd be another mini in RS
I love your 40, & the 80

Quote:
These days I wheel my stock 4Runner just as much as my 80 Series on 35s. You just gotta approach things differently. Literally. It's ALL good because Toyota four wheel drives are a blast. And that is really what this club is about: having fun wheeling. It doesn't matter who spent the most because nobody really cares.

If you're having fun then you can rest assured that you are doing it right.
Yes, and I have had so much fun both times that I went with RS. Every one I have met is awesome. I really want an 80 just like yours one day.

Quote:
Dude. I drive a rusted out mini with a ghetto rigged 3.4, hole in the hood, built with junkyard parts. On the complete opposite end is my dad with the most beautiful 4runner you'll ever see. What is awesome about RS is that we embody all walks of life as long as we share a love of Japanese 4x4. Welcome! I'd have a beer with you any day.
Thanks Justin. I was very impressed with you and your truck when we met, especially how you made the deal to get your supercharger. "Ghetto, or cheap" sounds bad so I use the term affordable. "Affordable" engineering can be some of the best found. My trucks use has not depreciated as much as it's value has, I consider that a bargain. Old trucks and even cheap aftermarket accessories benefit greatly from proper maintenance. I respect everything I have, even the smittybilt stuff. All equipment has a lifespan, you get out what you put in. I try to embody that, and make what I have now work.

Anyway I have been humbling myself about this and I do think I should apologize to the forum for throwing around the generalization and use of the word yuppy. I want to buy a house real bad but I can't save anything living week to week. I paid over $13,000 in income tax alone this year, more then 3x the price of my house in just one year. I was 22 when they said the economy was bad from 911, now I'm almost 35, and it's no easier. I'm tired of waiting for the economy to improve, I want to find a way to make what I have work to get a house before my kids are grown. I'm sorry for lashing out in generalities towards people in my frustration.
TLCA#22551
Old 12-13-2013, 01:28 PM
Hard Core 4+

Send a message via AIM to wesintl

at least no one was called a hipster yet...

I thought Cruiser owners were the cheapest. I mean they should run forever with no maintenance.
TLCA#4180
Old 12-13-2013, 05:02 PM
Rising Sun Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by wesintl View Post
at least no one was called a hipster yet...

I thought Cruiser owners were the cheapest. I mean they should run forever with no maintenance.
Only because we weren't talking about you! You do humor us with your Hipster ways and we enjoy watching you wheel the Navigator and the Raider. Hopefully one day when you get a job and your wife stops supporting you you can buy a Toyota!
TLCA #3007
Northside!

Colorado Trail Patrol
Stay on the Trail!
I'm the God-fearing, gun-toting, American flag-waving, conservative you were warned about!
Quote:
I need an FJ40....
Quote:
Cruisers are superior
Old 12-13-2013, 05:37 PM
Hard Core 4+

Send a message via AIM to wesintl

I thought you were going to replace the FORD emblem when you put the mini truck engine in your jeep?

TLCA#4180
Old 12-13-2013, 05:43 PM
Rising Sun Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle Ben View Post
Is that what that thing is.....I couldn't tell through my welding helmet which is the only thing I can look at it through in the sun!

At least I'm told it is. I don't think we should have ever bought him that trail buffer.

"Squishy"-1988 Red Hilux Standard frame, X-tra cab, locked F&R, 5.29's, 35" tires and a SAS. In Moab STOLEN

"Apollo"-1988 Hilux, 1999 3.4L, Supercharged, 2.1" URD pulley, URD 7th injector, 2 1/2" Magnaflow exhaust, TO DO: lift, locker.

"RedChili"-1987 Super Beast

"Did you know the IFS was designed by Hitler himself to make the life of 4WD owners tough? Yeah, it's true, he saw a vision of the Devil and he told him to do it." -DaveInDenver
Old 12-13-2013, 08:33 PM
Rising Sun Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by wesintl View Post
I thought you were going to replace the FORD emblem when you put the mini truck engine in your jeep?

I can't...its molded in to the whole plastic unibody!
TLCA #3007
Northside!

Colorado Trail Patrol
Stay on the Trail!
Quote:
I need an FJ40....
Quote:
Cruisers are superior