Rising Sun Member Forums  

Go Back   Rising Sun Member Forums > Toyota 4x4 > General Chit Chat

Old 12-20-2013, 07:25 PM
Rock Stacker

Default Collector plate changes

So excited they changed the law back and my new to me 76 is eligible for 5 year plates and no emissions. Tried to bump the old thread but could not find it
Old 12-20-2013, 09:31 PM
Rising Sun member

You will still have to do emissions
1977 FJ40 2F "Brahma" + Lockright, tach, Warn 8274, FJ60 Power Steering, soon to lose the Sanden OBA to go back to factory emissions
1996 FZJ80 1FZ-FE factory lockers + Safari Turbo , CDL switch, cup holder, Metric TLC leather, heated seats and JDM switches
2000 Tundra Limited TRD 2UZ-FE SOLD
Old 12-21-2013, 01:10 AM
Rising Sun Member

Send a message via AIM to treerootCO

http://www.risingsun4x4club.org/foru...ad.php?t=20251

http://aircarecolorado.com/index.php...lector-plates/

Collector Plate Regulations Change August 7, 2013

House Bill 13-1071 Summary

Changes the definition of a collector’s item to include vehicles that are 32 years old and older.
Requires vehicles model year 1976 and later to comply with emissions testing requirements upon registration and re-registration.
Requires the vehicle owner of a collector’s item to sign an affidavit acknowledging that the vehicle will not be driven on roadways more than 4,500 miles per year.
Who Does the Bill Impact?

Motorists who own a vehicle at least 32 years old are now able to register the vehicle as a collector’s item.
Motorists who own a 1976 and newer model year vehicle that was registered as a collector’s item prior to September 2009. Beginning August 7th, 2013, to re-register a collector’s item that is model year 1976 or later, the owner must have a certificate of emissions compliance.
Benefits to Vehicle Owners

Increases the number of vehicles that may qualify as a collector’s item.
Allows vehicles model year 1976 and later, that are registered as a collector’s item, to comply with emissions requirements every five years instead of on an annual or biannual cycle.
Allows vehicles model year 1976 and later, that are registered as a collector’s item, to complete the license plate renewal process every five years instead of annually.
Questions?
Contact the Colorado Department of Revenue Emissions Program at 303-205-5603.
pride is ego, the word I had lost was dignity. The quality or state of being worthy of esteem or respect.
Ptarmigan build thread - 95FZJ80
www.root45.com
www.risingsun4x4club.org

TLCA #14133

Old 12-21-2013, 09:10 AM
Rock Stacker

Bummer was excited when the gal told me about the changes when I got the title in my name
Old 12-21-2013, 11:03 AM
Rising Sun Member

Send a message via AIM to treerootCO

Just run with it. I had to read that new bill twenty times to even understand it all. Go in, ask for 5 year plates (no emissions)... they will probably do it. You no longer have plausible deniability though...
pride is ego, the word I had lost was dignity. The quality or state of being worthy of esteem or respect.
Ptarmigan build thread - 95FZJ80
www.root45.com
www.risingsun4x4club.org

TLCA #14133