Rising Sun Member Forums  

Go Back   Rising Sun Member Forums > Cruise Moab > Cruise Moab - TLCA Sanctioned Event hosted by Rising Sun

Old 01-06-2014, 10:12 AM
Cruise Moab Committee

Quote:
Originally Posted by girlsfj40 View Post
Hoping to be driving again this year. The 40 is having major surgery so hopefully we will be up and running in time! AND DON'T HATE ON ME... but I am trying to convince one of my girlfriends to come to our event in her new set up JK! I like the people way better then Easter Jeep and think it is way more fun with our crew!
What's going on with your 40 Kim?
Rising Sun 4WD Club, TLCA #4063
http://american3dprinting.net/
Old 01-06-2014, 05:06 PM
Rock Stacker

Any word on an exact registration date?
Old 01-06-2014, 07:33 PM
Cruise Moab Committee

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbstrd View Post
Any word on an exact registration date?
In a word, no.

To elaborate, we have identified close to 30 updates that must be performed on the cruisemoab.com web site before it can be open for registration. Some of those are visible page html stuff and some are back office items to the database and database code. We have two guys working on it, one on the former and the other on the latter.

When the changes are implemented, we will test them and after a reasonable amount of quality assurance we will open to the public and announce that on all the major sites, including here. We try really hard to get it done by around the middle of January. I don't know if we are going to be ready on a particular date, but it is way more important to get it right than to rush to an artificial deadline and have bugs and mistakes.
Old 01-08-2014, 12:41 AM
Rock Stacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rzeppa View Post
In a word, no.

To elaborate, we have identified close to 30 updates that must be performed on the cruisemoab.com web site before it can be open for registration. Some of those are visible page html stuff and some are back office items to the database and database code. We have two guys working on it, one on the former and the other on the latter.

When the changes are implemented, we will test them and after a reasonable amount of quality assurance we will open to the public and announce that on all the major sites, including here. We try really hard to get it done by around the middle of January. I don't know if we are going to be ready on a particular date, but it is way more important to get it right than to rush to an artificial deadline and have bugs and mistakes.
Thank you very much for the update. The only reason I am asking is because I am leaving in the morning on vacation. I won't be back home until the 17th, so I was wondering if I will have to register while on vacation. I should have internet access everywhere I go so I will just keep checking.

Thanks again, Jason
Old 01-09-2014, 02:32 PM
Cruise Moab Committee

Don't forget the sub-forum about trail leaders. I just started a thread there for 2014:

http://risingsun4x4club.org/forum2/s...ad.php?t=20713
Old 01-10-2014, 06:41 AM
Hard Core 4+

Don't know if I'll be able to afford registration this year but planning on helping out where needed. Raffle, gunning etc...Looking forward to getting out there.

COLORADO: my "Monument in Green"
Old 01-17-2014, 10:22 PM
Cruise Moab Committee

Just a reminder, EVERYONE who is going to run trails MUST register, regardless of whether they are leading, gunning, affiliated with Rising Sun or not.
Old 01-17-2014, 10:34 PM
Cruise Moab Committee

One more thing - registration is NOT open to the general public until it is announced publicly. We are still testing and we had two guys who tried to register yesterday. The site actually took their money. We will refund it of course, but they either used the same URL we have used every year or done some kind of search to find it. Bottom line is, it isn't open to public registration until officially announced here, on Mud etc. Anyone who butts in front of the line will be kicked to the back.

Before someone asks, I will answer: We do allow trail leaders and gunners early access to registration, typically for a couple days before we announce registration is open to the public. This is so that Joe Cruiserhead that thinks he is going to get onto a trail that said it still had one spot left doesn't get bumped because the trail leader wasn't in the database first.

We don't expect this to be a widespread problem but we try to anticipate and prevent problems before they arise. We aim to make it a great experience, from registration, to trail runs, socializing, the dinner and raffle, and make great memories you take home with you and remember for years to come.
Old 01-18-2014, 11:44 AM
Hard Core 4+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rzeppa View Post
One more thing - registration is NOT open to the general public until it is announced publicly. We are still testing and we had two guys who tried to register yesterday. The site actually took their money. We will refund it of course, but they either used the same URL we have used every year or done some kind of search to find it. Bottom line is, it isn't open to public registration until officially announced here, on Mud etc. Anyone who butts in front of the line will be kicked to the back.

Before someone asks, I will answer: We do allow trail leaders and gunners early access to registration, typically for a couple days before we announce registration is open to the public. This is so that Joe Cruiserhead that thinks he is going to get onto a trail that said it still had one spot left doesn't get bumped because the trail leader wasn't in the database first.

We don't expect this to be a widespread problem but we try to anticipate and prevent problems before they arise. We aim to make it a great experience, from registration, to trail runs, socializing, the dinner and raffle, and make great memories you take home with you and remember for years to come.

I don't think folks are trying to butt in line Jeff. Looks like a simple google search for cruise Moab registration will take you directly to the sign up pages.
Old 01-18-2014, 02:24 PM
Wincher

Default Cm14

Putting my name on the volunteer list again. Ready to be abused again this year! Travis, I'll call you to set up travel dates. I want to bring out the two "s and let them enjoy the good times. How are you getting the 40 out there?
Geo
2006 KTM Adv. sold
2000 KDX 220