Rising Sun Member Forums  

Go Back   Rising Sun Member Forums > Cruise Moab > Cruise Moab - TLCA Sanctioned Event hosted by Rising Sun > Cruise Moab Trail Leaders

Old 02-06-2014, 07:07 PM
Cruise Moab Co-Chairman

Quote:
Originally Posted by mistapuggs View Post
Jeff, you have an assignment for me yet?

Ryan Davis -K6KRU
Wasatch Cruisers
Hi Ryan, no I don't yet. When I updated the first post in this thread either yesterday or the day before I basically said i was going to hold off adding any more until we see which trails fill enough to run. I went ahead and took Adam for Spike because I am 99% sure we'll run it both Thursday and Saturday. But different years are different as far as which trails are popular. Last year I only had 2 sign up for Hell's Revenge on Friday, which is really odd because that trail is usually really popular. So I moved those two guys around so they got to do Hell's, just on a different day, and we didn't do Hell's at all on that day. I know you were talking about doing Moab Rim, but I don't know which days we're going to run it this year. The last several years we've only had enough interest in that trail to run it one or two days.

One good thing is that it looks like we're going to have the luxury of more leaders this year than the past several years, so we may be able to run more total trails with fewer rigs on each trail, which is always nice.

But we're only about 2/3 full right now so I really haven't started sorting things down yet. It makes for less overall work if the event is totally full or at least as full as possible before we start on trail assignments. There might be a few obvious ones that stand out, for example if I see we've got 12 rigs on Moab Rim on Saturday already, and I know you've already offered to lead it, that will be easy to figure out.
Rising Sun 4WD Club, TLCA #4063
http://american3dprinting.net/
Old 02-06-2014, 07:26 PM
Rock Stacker

My two cents......I would schedule Moab Rim for Saturday and have Ryan lead it. At the very minimum I know of 4 trucks already planning on running it that day. Ryan, Jason Call, Myself, and Bob Holliday. I'm fairly certain that others will sign up for it, even if it's a small group.
Old 02-06-2014, 10:15 PM
Cruise Moab Committee

I'd be down to roll the rim with Ryan
Old 02-07-2014, 09:31 PM
Rock Stacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by MicahMan View Post
I'd be down to roll the rim with Ryan
Like hell you will.

Old 02-21-2014, 06:44 PM
Rock Stacker

Hey Zepp, when you get a chance could you PM me a list of who is signed up for Golden Spike on Thursday. I need to figure out a tail gunner and would like to see if I recognize any of the people on the run that could do it.
Old 02-27-2014, 09:10 PM
Cruise Moab Co-Chairman

Safari LTD is going to attend Marv Specter's memorial on May 4th, and have decided that the logistics of Cruise Moab and going to California were just too much, so they have pulled out of Cruise Moab 2014.

While we are disappointed and will miss them very much, we certainly understand. Cruise Moab is every year. Marv's memorial is only once.

This leaves holes to fill for Sevenmile on Friday, Wipeout on Saturday, and safety inspections for the whole event since Safari was going to lead safety inspections.
Old 03-01-2014, 09:46 AM
Cruise Moab Committee

Hi Jeff,
This will be the fourth time I ask to Lead a trail. I might start to take a hint and stop offering

Either of these trails I would be happy to lead. They are both within the capabilities of either of my rigs I may bring.

I will be on the overnighter in the Swell and would miss Thursday but would be happy to help with Tech inspections Friday and Saturday. I'll ask Wasatch if there are any that could help with Tech as well.

I am sorry Safari won't be there but Understand.
Old 03-01-2014, 04:26 PM
Rising Sun Secretary

MicahMan...please give Jeff some time. He has a TON of stuff going on right now, and I'm sure he will get you assigned to lead a trail or two soon. Your offer to lead a trail is greatly appreciated. A lack of a prompt response to your offer is not intended as any sort of slight...it just takes time to figure out these trail leader schedules, and we are way ahead of the game this year thanks to the many early and generous offers for trail leading assistance...yours included.
2013 F-150 "Black Ops"
Old 03-01-2014, 07:32 PM
Cruise Moab Co-Chairman

Quote:
Originally Posted by MicahMan View Post
Hi Jeff,
This will be the fourth time I ask to Lead a trail. I might start to take a hint and stop offering

Either of these trails I would be happy to lead. They are both within the capabilities of either of my rigs I may bring.

I will be on the overnighter in the Swell and would miss Thursday but would be happy to help with Tech inspections Friday and Saturday. I'll ask Wasatch if there are any that could help with Tech as well.

I am sorry Safari won't be there but Understand.
What Sascha said (thank you Sascha). Micah, I will most certainly take you up on your offer. Since we opened up registration I have spent considerable hours answering inquiries from registrants, and very little time analyzing the registration database to determine which trails we are going to run on which days, and thus where we need leaders and gunners. I have only yesterday provided the rosters to the overnight trail leaders. Right now is busy season for the committee.

We have missed you the last couple of meetings. We hope you've been staying abreast of new and ongoing developments via the committee section of this forum and also our internal emails.
Old 03-02-2014, 01:09 PM
Rising Sun Member

Hey Jeff, I'll lead Seven Mile on Friday if that helps. Cuz Hugh is heading to the funeral and such. lead it a few times in the past.