Rising Sun Member Forums  

Go Back   Rising Sun Member Forums > Toyota 4x4 > General Chit Chat

Old 03-10-2014, 04:00 PM
Trail Ready

Default Is anyone buying a CVT tent during the group buy? Want to combine shipping?

Is anyone here planning to buy a CVT roof top tent during this year's group buy going on this month? I am planning to buy one and was wondering if anyone would be interested in combining shipping. They seem to be the best value dollar for dollar and at 30% off it's time for me to pull the trigger.

http://www.expeditionportal.com/foru...-CVT-Group-buy!

Now you can Rent a Ducati in Denver!

www.RentYourAdventure.com
http://facebook.com/RentYourAdventure
Old 03-11-2014, 08:53 AM
Rock Stacker

I just ordered a Mt. Rainier yesterday. Im having mine shipped to my work in Louisville. Im willing to combine shipping to save even more money.
Old 03-11-2014, 09:47 AM
Trail Ready

Quote:
Originally Posted by 05rub View Post
I just ordered a Mt. Rainier yesterday. Im having mine shipped to my work in Louisville. Im willing to combine shipping to save even more money.
Sounds good - I was going to wait for the hardshell versions of the tent, but it looks like they're going WAY up in price now they're being made in the US and won't be ready till late May. I am just trying to decide which model now that the original one I wanted won't be feasible any more.

Old 03-13-2014, 01:21 PM
Trail Ready

Quote:
Originally Posted by 05rub View Post
I'm placing an order for the Mt. Shasta. Bobby at CVT said he is definitely willing to work on combining it and will put together a plan and quotes at the end of the group buy. Please post here in anyone else is interested!

Old 03-13-2014, 02:57 PM
Hard Core 4+

I may be interested. Is it 30% off any tent on their site? I've considered upgrading my old RTT...
Old 03-13-2014, 06:15 PM
Trail Ready

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbmontgo View Post
I may be interested. Is it 30% off any tent on their site? I've considered upgrading my old RTT...
Yep that's correct. The 30% discount covers their accessories and the awnings too.

Old 03-14-2014, 12:55 PM
Hard Core 4+

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTSN View Post
Yep that's correct. The 30% discount covers their accessories and the awnings too.
How much would it save if we combine shipping?

Also, it looks like he's about to sell a ton of his tents. Think he's got enough inventory to keep up with all of those orders? I'm not a fan of backorders.
Old 03-14-2014, 02:32 PM
Trail Ready

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbmontgo View Post
How much would it save if we combine shipping?

Also, it looks like he's about to sell a ton of his tents. Think he's got enough inventory to keep up with all of those orders? I'm not a fan of backorders.
My guess is it won't save a ton on shipping since they're large, heavy items. Don't quote me but my estimate would probably be savings of around $50-75 to combine with other orders. They did the same group buy last year, so he had an estimate of what to order to fill the inventory. I think the way it works is that he puts in an order for stock on what he thinks he'll need and then adds to it if necessary if the need suggests it. That's why it says they ship in the order received so if you buy early in the group buy I'm guessing yours will be among the first to ship as the inventory becomes available and if you order late and they sell out there could be a delay. Again I'm not the expert whatsoever I've just been trying to follow the info as I interpret it. The owner there has been super accomodating and responsive to everyone so I'm going to take a chance and go for it.

Old 03-14-2014, 03:09 PM
Hard Core 4+

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTSN View Post
My guess is it won't save a ton on shipping since they're large, heavy items. Don't quote me but my estimate would probably be savings of around $50-75 to combine with other orders. They did the same group buy last year, so he had an estimate of what to order to fill the inventory. I think the way it works is that he puts in an order for stock on what he thinks he'll need and then adds to it if necessary if the need suggests it. That's why it says they ship in the order received so if you buy early in the group buy I'm guessing yours will be among the first to ship as the inventory becomes available and if you order late and they sell out there could be a delay. Again I'm not the expert whatsoever I've just been trying to follow the info as I interpret it. The owner there has been super accomodating and responsive to everyone so I'm going to take a chance and go for it.
Cool. I'm gonna think about it.
Old 03-16-2014, 09:39 AM
Hard Core 4+

We would need one more buyer to actually get the 30% off, right?