Rising Sun Member Forums  

Go Back   Rising Sun Member Forums > Toyota 4x4 > General Chit Chat

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #11  
Old 03-16-2014, 09:03 AM
Caribou Sandstorm's Avatar
Caribou Sandstorm Caribou Sandstorm is offline
Rising Sun Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Denver
Posts: 2,835
Default

I looked at the CVT website, Looks pretty close or exactly the same as the TJM tents Christo just did a group buy for, but the CVT seemed a lot more expensive.

Am I missing something? Why not just see if Christo, would be willing to place another group buy order for March? No shipping, then just swing over to Golden.
__________________
Chris in Denver
01 UZJ100
TLCA# 18518
KD0IFE

Off Road Pics
http://www.Chrissandstormfj.smugmug.com
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 03-16-2014, 09:07 AM
cbmontgo's Avatar
cbmontgo cbmontgo is offline
Hard Core 4+
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Larkspur, CO
Posts: 837
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caribou Sandstorm View Post
I looked at the CVT website, Looks pretty close or exactly the same as the TJM tents Christo just did a group buy for, but the CVT seemed a lot more expensive.

Am I missing something? Why not just see if Christo, would be willing to place another group buy order for March? No shipping, then just swing over to Golden.
That is a good point.
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 03-16-2014, 11:00 AM
MTSN's Avatar
MTSN MTSN is offline
Locked
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Denver, CO
Posts: 256
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caribou Sandstorm View Post
I looked at the CVT website, Looks pretty close or exactly the same as the TJM tents Christo just did a group buy for, but the CVT seemed a lot more expensive.

Am I missing something? Why not just see if Christo, would be willing to place another group buy order for March? No shipping, then just swing over to Golden.
I haven't seen a group buy for the TJM tents anywhere? What were the details of that? I looked at the TJM Yulara and it looks very similar to the Mt. Shasta which I was planning to order. I'd prefer to support a local vendor and have local pickup too especially since I already get lots of stuff from Slee, but I wasn't aware. I suppose we can try that route as well all I know is I want a roof top tent!
__________________
1998 100 series with Slee sliders, TJM bumper and OME 2.5"

TLCA# 22666
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 03-16-2014, 11:06 AM
DanInDenver DanInDenver is offline
Rising Sun Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Denver
Posts: 30
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTSN View Post
I haven't seen a group buy for the TJM tents anywhere? What were the details of that? I looked at the TJM Yulara and it looks very similar to the Mt. Shasta which I was planning to order. I'd prefer to support a local vendor and have local pickup too especially since I already get lots of stuff from Slee, but I wasn't aware. I suppose we can try that route as well all I know is I want a roof top tent!
The tent group buy was listed in the members only section of the forum.

http://www.risingsun4x4club.org/foru...ad.php?t=20917
__________________
TLCA#22277
2000 LX470 152k
No mods yet, work in progress.
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 03-16-2014, 11:08 AM
Fishy's Avatar
Fishy Fishy is offline
Rising Sun Event Coordinator
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Centennial, CO
Posts: 1,275
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanInDenver View Post
The tent group buy was listed in the members only section of the forum.

http://www.risingsun4x4club.org/foru...ad.php?t=20917
One of the very MANY benefits of being a Rising Sun member!
__________________
Stan
UZJ100 (Non-White Edition)

TLCA Social Media
100's in the Hills website
"What's that? I can't hear you over my heated seats"-KW
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 03-16-2014, 11:23 AM
cbmontgo's Avatar
cbmontgo cbmontgo is offline
Hard Core 4+
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Larkspur, CO
Posts: 837
Default

I sent a PM to Christo.
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 03-16-2014, 03:12 PM
MTSN's Avatar
MTSN MTSN is offline
Locked
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Denver, CO
Posts: 256
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fishy View Post
One of the very MANY benefits of being a Rising Sun member!
Unfortunately with my job I rarely get done with work before 9pm the first week of every month (closing the books) because I've been wanting to make a meeting forever and join! I'm definitely going to make it to this one though I've already scheduled to leave early for "an appointment"
__________________
1998 100 series with Slee sliders, TJM bumper and OME 2.5"

TLCA# 22666
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 03-22-2014, 10:48 AM
cbmontgo's Avatar
cbmontgo cbmontgo is offline
Hard Core 4+
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Larkspur, CO
Posts: 837
Default

I'm in. Who else? 05rub? MTSN?

I'd like to pull the trigger today if possible; we will need at least 3 people for the 30% discount?
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 03-22-2014, 01:06 PM
05rub 05rub is offline
Rock Stacker
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Thornton, CO
Posts: 14
Default

The 30% is already reached. He posed the group buy on a few other forums and had tons of buyers so it's at 30% off already. Use the word "spring" for the promo code and it will deduct the 30%.
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 03-22-2014, 02:40 PM
cbmontgo's Avatar
cbmontgo cbmontgo is offline
Hard Core 4+
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Larkspur, CO
Posts: 837
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 05rub View Post
The 30% is already reached. He posed the group buy on a few other forums and had tons of buyers so it's at 30% off already. Use the word "spring" for the promo code and it will deduct the 30%.
Cool. I'm going to just buy one and have it shipped to my house. Looking forward to upgrading my tent.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 07:08 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.