Rising Sun Member Forums  

Go Back   Rising Sun Member Forums > Cruise Moab > Cruise Moab - TLCA Sanctioned Event hosted by Rising Sun

Notices

Old 04-23-2014, 09:31 AM
Rising Sun Member

Default Tips For Wednesday Night Camp?

I could use some suggestions on where to quick camp on Wednesday night.

We're sharing a condo at moab springs with some folks for Thurs, Fri, and Sat nights so that should be pretty easy.

Our plan (Self, Wife, Daughter, 100) is to leave home Wednesday morning, arrive early afternoon, tech-in, eat somewhere, then go on the Fins night run with Ken Wednesday night. I just don't know where to sleep between Fins on Wednesday night and Hells on Thursday morning.

When I was younger we could just camp about anywhere on the BLM around Sand Flats Rd. but I suspect that is not the case these days. So I'm basically looking for a place to just sleep after dark, we have a hard top RTT so set up and take down is super fast and we'll be light since the rest of the week we'll be in the condo.

Any Pro Tips? What would you do?

Thanks!
Andy | Longmont | TLCA#22354
-1999 UZJ100 -Black, GYDT285/75-16, Locked, WKOR sliders, TC UCAs/ Iron Man T-bars, OME866, D/T headers/Magnaflow, Columbus RTT, Drawers n'stuff.
-2001 Tacoma 2.7L Reg Cab 4x4 -Silver,my DD/trail truck, Icon/TC mid trav front, GYDT265/75-16C, Budbuilt Skids

-Kilo-Delta-Zero-Tango-Quebec-Tango-
Old 04-23-2014, 10:46 AM
Rising Sun Member

There will probably be some sights at Slickrock CG available for one night. Then you will at least get a little time amongst the Cruise Moab festivities.

It never hurts to hit the BLM campgrounds along 128/the river and get a first come first serve spot for a night. I've hit those on the way into town Wednesday and snagged one before.
Old 04-23-2014, 11:14 AM
Rising Sun Member

I just checked and you're right, there are still spots avaliable at slickrock. I didn't even think to check but that would be the most convenient and fun way to go.

EDIT: Done, we'll be in 154 on Wednesday night, see you all there!
Andy | Longmont | TLCA#22354
-1999 UZJ100 -Black, GYDT285/75-16, Locked, WKOR sliders, TC UCAs/ Iron Man T-bars, OME866, D/T headers/Magnaflow, Columbus RTT, Drawers n'stuff.
-2001 Tacoma 2.7L Reg Cab 4x4 -Silver,my DD/trail truck, Icon/TC mid trav front, GYDT265/75-16C, Budbuilt Skids

-Kilo-Delta-Zero-Tango-Quebec-Tango-
Old 04-23-2014, 08:52 PM
Rising Sun Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AimCOTaco View Post
I just checked and you're right, there are still spots avaliable at slickrock. I didn't even think to check but that would be the most convenient and fun way to go.

EDIT: Done, we'll be in 154 on Wednesday night, see you all there!
Excellent.