Rising Sun Member Forums  

Go Back   Rising Sun Member Forums > Toyota 4x4 > 4Wheeling and Event Staging Area

Old 05-20-2014, 06:57 PM
Rising Sun member

Hey guys didn't mean to stir up trouble with the question. I just don't like cars so don't like riding on roads, generally don't have a lot of time so like to make up for it by steep technical climbs that get my heart going, and I had to drive 40 miles to get to boulder this afternoon anyway so didn't think twice about not just driving all the way to the trailhead.

Climbed up betasso link, which was a pretty good climb but not long enough, did canyon loop (now clockwise), did loop link, went down four mile link to the washed out bridge, then finished Benjamin loop (counter clockwise) and chased a guy on an ibis mojo on the way back. Got my heart going good, really enjoyed it, thanks for the suggestion.
1977 FJ40 2F "Brahma" + Lockright, tach, Warn 8274, FJ60 Power Steering, soon to lose the Sanden OBA to go back to factory emissions
1996 FZJ80 1FZ-FE factory lockers + Safari Turbo , CDL switch, cup holder, AATLAS1X leather, heated seats and JDM switches
2000 Tundra Limited TRD 2UZ-FE SOLD
Old 05-20-2014, 09:58 PM
Rising Sun Member

glad you enjoyed it and I feel bad I couldn't get out there with ya

I think we were just ribbing ya.
82 FJ40
Old 05-21-2014, 07:05 AM
Hard Core 4+

Quote:
Originally Posted by subzali View Post
Got my heart going good, really enjoyed it, thanks for the suggestion.

wish i could've joined you as well. depending on the rain over the next few days, i'm hoping to get out to deer creek tomorrow or friday. it's been nice discovering trails on this end of the city.
Old 05-21-2014, 07:17 AM
Hard Core 4+

Have you not been to Deer Creek? The upper trails are OK after rain but the first mile or so leaving the parking lot can get pretty sloppy, it's a high clay content soil. So be nice to the trails if it seems bad as you start it might get worse before it gets better. Consider giving it a day or so to dry out. People (and not just bikes as hikers want you to believe) have turned the lower section up to the bridge from singletrack to a 12 foot wide dirt path by walking around the mud. When it first opened years ago it was singletrack all the way to the top of Plymouth Creek trail, even up the Wall. Not anymore.

"They say the test of literary power is whether a man can write an inscription. I say, 'Can he name a kitten?'" -- Samuel Butler
Old 05-21-2014, 08:19 AM
Rising Sun member

Quote:
Originally Posted by smslavin View Post

wish i could've joined you as well. depending on the rain over the next few days, i'm hoping to get out to deer creek tomorrow or friday. it's been nice discovering trails on this end of the city.

Sean, do you live down in Denver now?
1977 FJ40 2F "Brahma" + Lockright, tach, Warn 8274, FJ60 Power Steering, soon to lose the Sanden OBA to go back to factory emissions
1996 FZJ80 1FZ-FE factory lockers + Safari Turbo , CDL switch, cup holder, AATLAS1X leather, heated seats and JDM switches
2000 Tundra Limited TRD 2UZ-FE SOLD
Old 05-21-2014, 08:37 AM
Hard Core 4+

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveInDenver View Post
Have you not been to Deer Creek?
a couple of weeks ago was my first ride up there. quite fun. some nice techy sections getting up out of the parking lot. i can definitely see how most of the bottom would be super sloppy after a rain. it's a lot like falcon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by subzali
Sean, do you live down in Denver now?
yea, we moved down about a month ago. my oldest daughter got into denver school of the arts for next fall and there was no way i was going to make that drive every day.

we're over off monaco now near 6th. a mile from DSA and 15 min from the ballet studio for the other 2 girls. makes my life much easier.