Rising Sun Member Forums  

Go Back   Rising Sun Member Forums > Toyota 4x4 > Land Use

Old 05-28-2014, 07:46 PM
Rising Sun Member

Default Slaughter House Gulch

I have been in touch with Sam at Stay the Trail about the abuse of a meadow on the trail. He has spoken to the Land Manager for the South Platte RD. They are looking for volunteers to help this Satuday to put up signs and fencing and were hoping we might have some members that could help out. I would be the first to volunteer if I didn't allready have work lined up for Saturday. I do not have any details at this time since this is being put together so fast,so as I get more info I will post up. I know that this a favorite trail for us it would be great if we could have some sort of representation from the club. Thanks Dan
Old 05-29-2014, 06:48 AM
Rising Sun Member

I have been as well. I have a bunch of pictures of an a$$hole who buried himself. Sent them to Sam.

"Squishy"-1988 Red Hilux Standard frame, X-tra cab, locked F&R, 5.29's, 35" tires and a SAS. In Moab STOLEN

"Apollo"-1988, 1999 3.4L, Supercharged, 2.1" URD pulley, URD 7th injector, 2 1/2" Magnaflow exhaust, TO DO: lift, locker.

"Did you know the IFS was designed by Hitler himself to make the life of 4WD owners tough? Yeah, it's true, he saw a vision of the Devil and he told him to do it." -DaveInDenver
Old 05-29-2014, 03:06 PM
Rising Sun Member

I was hoping we could put something like this together.
Unfortunately, I'm leaving for Texas on Saturday. So I won't be able to help.

If there aren't enough people who can do it this Saturday, maybe it can be postponed a week or two, so we can all have more time to plan it out and get folks together to help.

I'd like to lend a hand at something like this, to preserve our trails.

TLCA #22468

2003 Tacoma TRD 4x4 4-Door

I would rather walk than drive anything that's 2WD.
Old 06-09-2014, 10:19 AM
Wincher

Looks like a sign was put up.

While I was there, I found two hill climbs out of two campsites that had several trees chopped down from what looked like stuck trucks. These were not on trail and looked to be pretty beat up. Consensus?
Attached Images

Old 06-09-2014, 11:21 AM
Club Treasurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by aprosise View Post
Looks like a sign was put up.

While I was there, I found two hill climbs out of two campsites that had several trees chopped down from what looked like stuck trucks. These were not on trail and looked to be pretty beat up. Consensus?
Those hillclimbs up from the campsites in the gulch are atv forged illegal routes. They appeared a couple of years ago and have been getting more and more travelled. I am surprised that the club that adopted the trail hasn't taken action to stop them. That club is Colorado GO-4's. Maybe we should let them know about the stuck trucks.

67 FJ40 LC Tan
94 RN101 PU Pewter
95 FZJ80 LC Red
99 UZJ100 LC Black
00 VZN185 4Runner Highlander Jade
00 VZN185 4Runner SR5 Desert Dune
Old 06-09-2014, 11:24 AM
Rising Sun Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MountainGoat View Post
Those hillclimbs up from the campsites in the gulch are atv forged illegal routes. They appeared a couple of years ago and have been getting more and more travelled. I am surprised that the club that adopted the trail hasn't taken action to stop them. That club is Colorado GO-4's. Maybe we should let them know about the stuck trucks.

I guess the Colorado GO-4's haven't been very active recently. At least that's what Sam said.

"Squishy"-1988 Red Hilux Standard frame, X-tra cab, locked F&R, 5.29's, 35" tires and a SAS. In Moab STOLEN

"Apollo"-1988, 1999 3.4L, Supercharged, 2.1" URD pulley, URD 7th injector, 2 1/2" Magnaflow exhaust, TO DO: lift, locker.

"Did you know the IFS was designed by Hitler himself to make the life of 4WD owners tough? Yeah, it's true, he saw a vision of the Devil and he told him to do it." -DaveInDenver