Rising Sun Member Forums  

Go Back   Rising Sun Member Forums > Other Hobbies > Photography Corner

Old 05-27-2014, 09:17 PM
Rising Sun Member

Default Memorial Day weekend

We decided to try out the new pop up camper this weekend. we started out tyring to get up to Lamertine mine area and Ute Creek, ya right ran into 3-4 foot of snow. next we headed for Slaughter house, got up there late set up camper and got the furnance going quickly, tried to sleep but trucks going by late at night doing night runs. Weather sucked all weekend rain,rain, more rain, hail and more hail. at one point it started to rain at 4:00 Saturday and rained for 12 hours. finally got to run trail on Sunday after a good hail storm so trail was very wet and muddy, it was me and my Son in law with his Jeep Wrangler which is all stock right and never had any problems. The only problem we had was all the idiots that were tearing up the meadow and getting stuck, trucks, ATV'S, side by sides, and worst of all Rubicons. No Toyotas because they were the ones pulling them out and letting them know what they were doing was illegal. in fact on Saturday a man walked up to our camp and asked me for a favor, I asked are you stuck in the bog? yes I am, so I went down ther to pull him out and just as I am getting ready to hook up to him a Park county sheriff shows up and starts taking pic's and plate numbers so tell him that he walked up for help and I was just telling him about stay the trail and he could be in trouble for this. guess what he was driving? If you guessed Rubicon your a winner. He tried to offer me money for getting him out, I refused and told him to pay it forward and do the same and learn about trail useage. Then on Sunday afternoon a division of wildlife ranger and 3 sheriffs went by our camp looking for someone. I thought it might be the Toyota guys because they spent alot of time at the mud bog. Later I found they were pulling people out and letting know they were in there illegally, the sheriffs were looking for a bunch of Atv's. Then on Monday as we were packing Travis and Justin came by.
Attached Images

Old 05-28-2014, 09:12 AM
Rising Sun Member

!!!!

Holy carp!!

Sounds like you did the best you could to help folks and teach them... I bet it was hard to not just explode....

The pictures really put it in perspective.. wow.
82 FJ40
Old 05-28-2014, 04:26 PM
Hard Core 4+

Mud Pigs representin' at the 2014 Gunnison Growler.
Attached Images

"They say the test of literary power is whether a man can write an inscription. I say, 'Can he name a kitten?'" -- Samuel Butler
Old 05-28-2014, 06:51 PM
Rising Sun Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by FJCDan View Post
We decided to try out the new pop up camper this weekend. we started out tyring to get up to Lamertine mine area and Ute Creek, ya right ran into 3-4 foot of snow. next we headed for Slaughter house, got up there late set up camper and got the furnance going quickly, tried to sleep but trucks going by late at night doing night runs. Weather sucked all weekend rain,rain, more rain, hail and more hail. at one point it started to rain at 4:00 Saturday and rained for 12 hours. finally got to run trail on Sunday after a good hail storm so trail was very wet and muddy, it was me and my Son in law with his Jeep Wrangler which is all stock right and never had any problems. The only problem we had was all the idiots that were tearing up the meadow and getting stuck, trucks, ATV'S, side by sides, and worst of all Rubicons. No Toyotas because they were the ones pulling them out and letting them know what they were doing was illegal. in fact on Saturday a man walked up to our camp and asked me for a favor, I asked are you stuck in the bog? yes I am, so I went down ther to pull him out and just as I am getting ready to hook up to him a Park county sheriff shows up and starts taking pic's and plate numbers so tell him that he walked up for help and I was just telling him about stay the trail and he could be in trouble for this. guess what he was driving? If you guessed Rubicon your a winner. He tried to offer me money for getting him out, I refused and told him to pay it forward and do the same and learn about trail useage. Then on Sunday afternoon a division of wildlife ranger and 3 sheriffs went by our camp looking for someone. I thought it might be the Toyota guys because they spent alot of time at the mud bog. Later I found they were pulling people out and letting know they were in there illegally, the sheriffs were looking for a bunch of Atv's. Then on Monday as we were packing Travis and Justin came by.
It was good to see you guys out there.

We ran the trail and then on our way out there were several belligerent idiots stuck in that same bog. Justin confronted them about it, and took pics. But you could tell they didn't give two s**ts about it. Those kinds of people make me so mad. They're the reason why so many trails get shut down. The lack of responsibility and overall carelessness of so many people is really frustrating.

And yeah, Rubicon drivers.what is the deal? lol

TLCA #22468

2003 Tacoma TRD 4x4 4-Door

I would rather walk than drive anything that's 2WD.
Old 05-28-2014, 07:30 PM
Rising Sun Member

Ya Rubiscum drivers were the worst violators we saw out there. Most of them were on there own or with another. Mile high jeep club came through on Saturday and I'm sure they wern't pleased with what they saw. I checked out Front Range 4x4 forum last night since we ran in 3 of them on Sunday. they said the same that it is out of control. On there way out they pulled out a lone stock FJCruiser in the mud, which we passed along the trail earlier. Another loner thinking he can make through. I have been in touch with Sam from Stay the Trail, he has been talking to the Land manager for the South Platte RD and he is putting together a group together for this Satuday to put up signs and some kind of fencing to stop this from getting worse. I will post up details as I can. They are looking for volunteers to help. I wish I could go but work calls.
Old 06-05-2014, 09:44 AM
Rock Stacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shotshell View Post
Did some wheeling at Slaughterhouse Gulch. Good times.

Thanks for posting these Travis! We really enjoyed going up with you and Justin!

Here are a couple more photos from that day.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 06-09-2014, 06:17 PM
Rising Sun Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Berihurt09 View Post

HA! Cool! I wasn't sure if you were able to get this one or not.

TLCA #22468

2003 Tacoma TRD 4x4 4-Door

I would rather walk than drive anything that's 2WD.