Rising Sun Member Forums  

Go Back   Rising Sun Member Forums > Other Hobbies > Ham & CB Radio Corner

Old 06-08-2007, 11:33 AM
Rising Sun Ham Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hulk View Post
So legally I could put this in my back yard and no one would be able to do anything about it. Hmmm...
Maybe and no. Depending on where your house is, especially if the proximity of a fire station and/or cellphone tower are close to your home. Those public service providers have special rules for their towers. Thats the maybe part. The no part is that you might spend years in a legal battle squandering your family's fortune trying to prove your case that you have just as much right to have a tower in your HOA controlled subdivision as those public service organizations.

If you do go down that road, make sure you put the antenna up during the wee hours of dark and all in one night. That way at least it is up so you can talk on the airwaves while the legal battle is going on. Just make sure that you are putting up this 100' tower http://texastowers.com/hdxserie.htm that has a concrete slab base of 5'x5'x9'. That'll really piss off your neighbors.
Old 06-08-2007, 01:27 PM
Rising Sun Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Groucho View Post
I may call the guy about the tower. Good thing for me is that we(Bruce and I) have been putting in an radio and tower at work. One more tower won't bother too many poeple out there. I'll take you up on your offer, Brian, if I do go get it.
Thanks for the clarification Nathaniel. If I'm available I'd be happy to help out, too, if I can. Especially because it's in my back yard.

Old 06-08-2007, 02:38 PM
Rising Sun Member

Nathaniel, I recall reading an article that there was a recent court decision that created a loop hole in the CC&R deal. IIRC the decision said CC&R's can not stop you from installing "reasonable" ANTENNAS ( NOT towers ) to receive commercial broadcasts. Sooooo...you could string up a dipole to receive broadcasts from the BBC or Radio Free Europe. If the dipole just happens to be resonant on your favorite HF band, then...... Have you heard any thing about this ? I'll try to find the article.