Rising Sun Member Forums  

Go Back   Rising Sun Member Forums > Toyota 4x4 > General Chit Chat

Old 06-21-2007, 11:59 AM
Rising Sun Member

Took the afternoon "intro" course at Black Bag. Very cool deal...you can take the first 4 or 5 chapters of the full course for $50. If you choose to go ahead and take the full course, the $50 counts. I was the only 1 there, and had some experience, so we did even more than that. Definitely going back for the first course and also the intermediate course. Sooo...if anyone sees a dual-sport 650 or something good for a "first bike", let me know. I am rather tall at 6'3", so it needs to be something on the bigger side. Thanks!!

Timm

Quote:
Originally Posted by timmbuck2 View Post
no worries there, I do not plan on being one of them.

I saw a lady driving a scooter to work this morning in her heels and skirt...doing 40 down a side street...no helmet of course...

Thanks for all the advice, guys. Seems to be plenty of good places out there. For now, I am taking a 1 day refresher course at Black Bag on Colfax. Only $50 and if I decide to for the full 3 day course for $195, the $50 counts towards that price. Pretty cool.

Thanks again!

T
KDěTIM
TLCA# 15572
TLCA Executive VP 2008-2011
CM Committee Member CM10, CM11
Old 06-21-2007, 01:07 PM
Hard Core 4+

You'll enjoy a Suzuki DR650 I think. Rather capable. I prefer an XR650R, but you would NOT enjoy that beast.

A KLR650 is a bit more, um, 'sedate', and very old tech, but reliable as a stone (the doohickey notwithstanding, do a Google on that).
KDěRCH
Bio Page
I'm that gun-totin', farm-raised, evangelical, pro-environment, OHV ridin'/drivin', Southern civil rights pro-labor Liberal yo' momma told you couldn't possibly exist.
Old 06-21-2007, 09:45 PM
Hard Core 4+

Get yourself a tard with an extra set of dirt wheels. Best of both worlds. You'll love it. Doesn't matter what you go with, Aprilia, Honda, KTM, Yamaha or Suzuki.