Rising Sun Member Forums  

Go Back   Rising Sun Member Forums > Toyota 4x4 > Trip and Event Reports

Old 07-21-2007, 09:32 PM
Hard Core 4+

Default ghost town run day one

as usual, perry and nathaniel did a freakin' awesome job!!!!

had a quick run up argentine to the mine, but nathanial took the wrong path and lead us up above the mine. nakman decided to try a challenging trail down to the mine, and quickly informed me that i'd be taking that trail also.

lots of big rocks, but that didn't bug me. i was a tad worried when i saw him doing a not so controlled sideways slide down some tailings after that, he got a bit caught up on some rocks, which i swear didn't look that big from where i was standing

while he was getting through that, i started working my way over there, while everyone else flipped around to go back to the correct path. the uncontrolled slide went well, and nathaniel spotted me over the big rocks that caught tim, so i wouldn't crush some columbine that were right on the side of the trail.

a bit farther up, tim came across a small vw sized boulder in the middle of the trail, but with some fanagling and a new scratch on his rear flare, he was through. not caring about scratching my rig, i was through before perry could even get his camera ready for pics.

from there, we headed to silver plume to catch the georgetown loop and the lebanon mine tour. now i can cross that off the list of things to do that i started fifteen years ago

train ride was cool, mine tour was cool, getting to climb all over the engine cause you know the engineer was really cool...thanks nathaniel!

after that, i had to head home since i have to deal with the raffle rig again tomorrow wish i coulda stayed around for day two.

can't wait for next year!!!!
Attached Images

ige tlca #1431
Old 07-21-2007, 09:39 PM
Hard Core 4+

more pics. was an absolutely beautiful day!
Attached Images

ige tlca #1431
Old 07-21-2007, 09:41 PM
Hard Core 4+

perry sporting the required mineshaft headwear

watching the smoke from the train as it heads to georgetown

not for those afraid of heights, or if you are, don't look down. the brown rail at the edge of the pictures is the timbers the tracks are on, than nothing to catch you if you fall.
Attached Images

ige tlca #1431
Old 07-21-2007, 09:46 PM
Hard Core 4+

last pics
Attached Images

ige tlca #1431
Old 07-22-2007, 11:24 AM
Honorary Canuck Member

Send a message via Yahoo to bigbluefj

that is way cool...

kevin
Old 07-22-2007, 04:25 PM
Rising Sun Member

Awesome pictures!!!

Looks like a great run!

Baby Beast 2- 1999 4Runner SR5

Baby Beast -1987 4Runner SR5-Gone, but not forgotten

Generation Dead
Old 07-23-2007, 07:30 AM
Rising Sun Ham Guru

Thumbs up Thanks!!!

A great big thank you to everyone who showed up and helped make the 3rd annual Ghost Town Run a success. Oficially, we had 12 rigs, but unoficially if you count those who made it up for one day or another, we had 14 or 15.

The potluck dinner was great, we had more food than we could eat. Everyone loved the train ride and mine tour, and Ige amongst all the other kids was really giddy about being able to get up into the locomotive cab and check out some "real iron".

Sure glad we took that wrong turn, otherwise there wouldn't have been any "hardcore" wheeling. Argentine looked clean, even though our sign post was bare already.

Saint's John and Wild Irishman were cool stops. We even had our token "wild Irishman" with us(even though he was driving a toureg) and he named the one cabin still with a roof the Pub. He told us he'd bring us a Guiness sign next time to put inside, we'll dress in period clothes and take a nice sepia photo to really capture the "old west".

Boreas Pass was quick, but we all had a good time wandering around. Perry and I will be attempting a write-up for Trails again.

So thanks, and a special thanks goes out to Kevin(sno bored) for all his help and !

P.S.--I think we also had a couple more converts to Ham Radio. Tim's CB went out, and I think it will be officially thrown out soon. Ironically, I think most of the converts from this weekend were ladies, so look out for the "ladies" ham class, directed primarily on good operating practice and passing the test.
Old 07-23-2007, 08:34 AM
Rising Sun Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Groucho View Post
P.S.--I think we also had a couple more converts to Ham Radio. Tim's CB went out, and I think it will be officially thrown out soon. Ironically, I think most of the converts from this weekend were ladies, so look out for the "ladies" ham class, directed primarily on good operating practice and passing the test.
Isn't that like the situation where nobody in the department can upgrade to Project 2003 until the entire company migrates to Project 2003? Therefore, all the 2 way radio guys would have to keep a CB in their rig until everyone gets 2 way radios.
Old 07-23-2007, 08:44 AM
Rising Sun Member

Send a message via AIM to treerootCO

I am pretty sure Nakman passed me on hwy93 just North of Christo's yesterday....
pride is ego, the word I had lost was dignity. The quality or state of being worthy of esteem or respect.
Ptarmigan build thread - 95FZJ80
www.root45.com
www.risingsun4x4club.org

TLCA #14133

Old 07-23-2007, 08:53 AM
Rising Sun Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JadeRunner View Post
Isn't that like the situation where nobody in the department can upgrade to Project 2003 until the entire company migrates to Project 2003? Therefore, all the 2 way radio guys would have to keep a CB in their rig until everyone gets 2 way radios.
No it just makes your rig alot quieter when your cb isn't squealing all the time.