Rising Sun Member Forums  

Go Back   Rising Sun Member Forums > Toyota 4x4 > Trip and Event Reports

Old 11-17-2007, 08:42 PM
Trail Ready

Default Metberry Gulch 11-17-07

Awesome day in Colorado as usual!!

We had an awesome turnout.

The trail was a blast. Just enough of a challenge to make it interesting for me in the stocker. Makes me realize that I really, really need some more aggressive tires for the trail. I spent a lot of time spinning tires.

Thanks to the guys from Rising sun, and the guys from Redline Motorsports (check out the threads on their cages if you haven't yet) for coming out to join us.

Here are a few pics. I have 97 total, but won't have em uploaded tonight.

:frown:
http://www.coloradolandcruisers.org

86 4runner
Old 11-17-2007, 09:33 PM
Rising Sun member

We were wondering if anybody got evidence of the 40 going on the trailer. Only real carnage today was before we even got to the trail. The guy in my apartment complex decided to drive his '78 40 over his LX450 and his water pump siezed, the fan flexed into the radiator, and he had to get his rig towed home. I just want to for the guys from the CLC, and especially Don, for stepping up and offering to drive him home to Lakewood, even though we were in Divide and he lives in Pueblo!

Thanks again, my hat is off to you sir...

I had a blast today, cannot wait until Hackett and Longwater open up.
Rising Sun Bio
1977 FJ40 2F "Brahma" + Lockright, tach, Warn 8274, FJ60 Power Steering, soon to lose the Sanden OBA to go back to factory emissions
1996 FZJ80 1FZ-FE factory lockers + Safari Turbo , CDL switch, cup holder, AATLAS1X leather, heated seats and JDM switches
2000 Tundra Limited TRD 2UZ-FE SOLD
Old 11-18-2007, 10:47 AM
Rock Stacker

I told Ruben (the one that with the Cruiser on my trailer) that he should get with some of the Rising Sun people for parts and contact info on who could help get his Cruiser going.

He is going to need a radiator, water pump, fan and hopefully nothing else. I know I will have a radiator, and maybe the pump if no one else can find one. (78 2f)

I told him that was one of the best things about being in a club was the parts & technical contacts, friendship, wheeling and just being with other Cruiser Heads. So hopefully Rising Sun will have a new member soon.

Thanks to you guys for coming down. It was nice to be wheeling again after ALL those years.
Old 11-18-2007, 06:32 PM
Trail Ready

Thanks again to DON, You are the MAN! don drove All day long to ensure that a fellow cruiserhead got his truck home safe!

some of my photos on the BETA version of Gallery for the CLC Website
http://www.coloradolandcruisers.org/...?g2_itemId=107
Old 11-18-2007, 08:10 PM
Hard Core 4+

Quote:
Originally Posted by subzali View Post
The guy in my apartment complex decided to drive his '78 40 over his LX450 and his water pump siezed, p.
i hope you mean he was driving his 78 40 over TO his lx450, not over his lx450. aaaawwww, what the hell am i saying...i hope he was driving over the lx450
ige tlca #1431
Old 11-18-2007, 08:15 PM
Hard Core 4+

It is unreal to see the fire damage after all these years. I have always loved these trails, and the nearly bare land, while not surprising, is still a shock to see. I can't wait to run the Hackett/Longwater loop trying to remember what it was vs. the nearly blank slate it must be now.
Old 11-19-2007, 01:12 AM
Rock Stacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nay View Post
It is unreal to see the fire damage after all these years. I have always loved these trails, and the nearly bare land, while not surprising, is still a shock to see. I can't wait to run the Hackett/Longwater loop trying to remember what it was vs. the nearly blank slate it must be now.
I know what you mean about it being a shock, although it looked different in a good way to some extent I guess.

I had not been to any of the 3 gulches in at least 5 years, probably closer to 10.

Iggy, I told Ruben that you might be one he could try to get with about parts, I couldn't for the life of me remember your screen name, although I did remember your name.
Old 11-19-2007, 07:34 AM
Rising Sun Member

Send a message via AIM to Uncle Ben

Quote:
Originally Posted by nanuk View Post
I know what you mean about it being a shock, although it looked different in a good way to some extent I guess.

I had not been to any of the 3 gulches in at least 5 years, probably closer to 10.

Iggy, I told Ruben that you might be one he could try to get with about parts, I couldn't for the life of me remember your screen name, although I did remember your name.
Ige and Nuclearlemon...
TLCA #3007
Northside!

Colorado Trail Patrol
Stay on the Trail!
I'm the God-fearing, gun-toting, American flag-waving, conservative you were warned about!
Quote:
Originally Posted by AxleIke View Post
I need an FJ40....
Quote:
Originally Posted by Red_Chili View Post
Cruisers are superior
Old 11-19-2007, 07:57 AM
Rising Sun member

Here's a couple of my pics:
Attached Images

Rising Sun Bio
1977 FJ40 2F "Brahma" + Lockright, tach, Warn 8274, FJ60 Power Steering, soon to lose the Sanden OBA to go back to factory emissions
1996 FZJ80 1FZ-FE factory lockers + Safari Turbo , CDL switch, cup holder, AATLAS1X leather, heated seats and JDM switches
2000 Tundra Limited TRD 2UZ-FE SOLD
Old 11-19-2007, 08:05 AM
Rising Sun Member

Send a message via AIM to Uncle Ben

Sounds like an awesome time! The pictures are surreal! Those don't look like the same trails as they used to be dense forrest and now new life and burnt twigs are all that you see. By the way Matt....the last picture you posted looks like Captionquest material!
TLCA #3007
Northside!

Colorado Trail Patrol
Stay on the Trail!
I'm the God-fearing, gun-toting, American flag-waving, conservative you were warned about!
Quote:
Originally Posted by AxleIke View Post
I need an FJ40....
Quote:
Originally Posted by Red_Chili View Post
Cruisers are superior