Rising Sun Member Forums  

Go Back   Rising Sun Member Forums > Toyota 4x4 > Trip and Event Reports

Old 12-20-2007, 02:40 PM
Hard Core 4+

Quote:
Originally Posted by JadeRunner View Post
Unfortunately it has about 10 minutes of me unsuccessfully trying to get up whale rock. Not sure what I was thinking, I sure didn't adhere to the 3 strikes your out rule, but was having fun.
What you were thinking was the same as the onlookers, heck, let's have fun and see what we can do, since we don't have a schedule, and we may only get 100 yards further anyway.

We couldn't foresee the inevitable breakage, but even that didn't take much time. We got out at dark, and my new cellphone is waaaay better, so... no worries!
KDěRCH
Bio Page
I'm that gun-totin', farm-raised, evangelical, pro-environment, OHV ridin'/drivin', Southern civil rights pro-labor Liberal yo' momma told you couldn't possibly exist.
Old 12-20-2007, 02:57 PM
Cruise Moab Co-Chairman

That's true. I had never been snuffed on whale rock, especially on the easy line.

Sorry I didn't get more footage of you Chili. The trail leader always gets the short end of the stick when it comes to pictures and video.
Old 12-20-2007, 11:47 PM
Hard Core 4+

With only 5 trucks on the trail we had the luxury of tackling obstacles from different angles, that is how we learn. Like Bill said, no rush and tons of entertainment. I was a little sore the next day after tossing in all those rocks

Either way you slice it we all seemed to have fun, even Ige before she found that " extra" power. Can't wait for the pizza run and I'll make sure to remember the camera.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockRunner;
keys = Man that is a whole story

TLCA #6136
Going under the knife again !

85 4runner Marlin Ultimate 5" lift 40" MTR's Soft top and doors Towed to Moab by the Big Blue Whale, 07.5 Dodge Mega Cab Laramie 4" lift covered and chiped No more slow lane for me