Rising Sun Member Forums  

Go Back   Rising Sun Member Forums > Toyota 4x4 > 4Wheeling and Event Staging Area > Rubithon 2008 planning

Old 01-16-2008, 12:22 PM
Rising Sun Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shark Bait View Post
Hey Martin,

Let's blaze out there and then take our time coming back.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveInDenver View Post
... I was hoping that a group would want to take the long way home from CA->Denver through southern Utah and SW Colorado rather than Interstate. ..
This sounds like it might be a good plan.

'85 FJ60
Old 01-16-2008, 12:28 PM
Hard Core 4+

Send a message via AIM to wesintl

Is it set up like moab where were on the trail from wed -sat? if so i'd be blazing home to be at work on monday. But taking the week off I could take my time getting out there.... For me slow sight seeing out, blaze home.
TLCA#4180
Old 01-16-2008, 01:22 PM
Hard Core 4+

Quote:
Originally Posted by wesintl View Post
Is it set up like moab where were on the trail from wed -sat? if so i'd be blazing home to be at work on monday. But taking the week off I could take my time getting out there.... For me slow sight seeing out, blaze home.
That's also an option. I'm still waiting to request the actual days off. I don't mind hustling back and taking extra time getting out to CA. I would like to take the ferry at Hall's Crossing, go down through Big Thomson Mesa in UT and Paradox Valley in CO. I know there's other stuff I would like to see, just haven't had time to really stop and think more about it.

Here's the route I put together: LINK

Robbie says two days, but it wouldn't bother me if it took 3.

"To live is to suffer, to survive is to find some meaning in the suffering." -- Friedrich Nietzsche
Old 01-16-2008, 01:30 PM
Rising Sun Commander

We're not going to be out of there until Sunday, and that could be Sunday afternoon. I don't think you'll be able to blaze back in time for work on Monday, but definitely in time for work on Tuesday, as that will be a lot of folks' plans. But on Sunday my understanding is it's an all day effort to get everyone loaded up and up and over Cadillac Hill.. one at a time. However while they may have us "scheduled" to do that at some time, I'm sure there's a way to sneak through sooner if you made your case. I'm taking Monday off, so I'm going to just go with the flow on Sunday.

www.gamiviti.com

Old 01-16-2008, 02:58 PM
Rising Sun Member

Send a message via AIM to Uncle Ben

Quote:
Originally Posted by nakman View Post
We're not going to be out of there until Sunday, and that could be Sunday afternoon. I don't think you'll be able to blaze back in time for work on Monday, but definitely in time for work on Tuesday, as that will be a lot of folks' plans. But on Sunday my understanding is it's an all day effort to get everyone loaded up and up and over Cadillac Hill.. one at a time. However while they may have us "scheduled" to do that at some time, I'm sure there's a way to sneak through sooner if you made your case. I'm taking Monday off, so I'm going to just go with the flow on Sunday.
Nak is correct! The trail head is only about 1 hour from Lake Tahoe, CA. (It's just east of Placerville. As for leaving the secret is get up and out early before the Cruiserjam! If we have to take Bruce back to the airport we can get a priority plus we get a priority as we have a long travel time home. Unless you plan on adding days the fastest route is North to I-80 then Haul butt to Reno. I'm planning on Monday to Monday off.

The Cruiserjam is a given even with the new organizing....just think about it....12 group's in over the course of 3 days, 12 groups out on Sunday! If you need to be back Monday you can burn some night oil and leave during the raffle and crank out a few hours of driving to Elko Nevada or so. Get up Sunday and drive for another 13ish hours home. Some folks will do this! Cadillac Hill get a Cruiserjam on Saturday night right after the raffle!
TLCA #3007
Northside!

Colorado Trail Patrol
Stay on the Trail!
I'm the God-fearing, gun-toting, American flag-waving, conservative you were warned about!
Quote:
Originally Posted by AxleIke View Post
I need an FJ40....
Quote:
Originally Posted by Red_Chili View Post
Cruisers are superior
Old 01-16-2008, 06:30 PM
Hard Core 4+

If you are even thinking of leaving in the dark after the raffle, I would take the 2-3 hrs to walk to the top of cadallic hill just so you know what you are getting into. There is a couple of nasty sections and if you have not seen them in the day light, it will make it that much tougher to do at night. At the corner is a real bad slanting rock and bad erroded section after that, then after about 50 yards you have a bad lean with a crack(I strattle the crack. After that is a bad left hand section up some sickish rocks, then a real bad ledge section. All in about 300 yards. the rest is fairly straight forward. You have about 2 miles before this section and about 12 after this section to get to the trail head on the tahoe side.
I would also not do this with out a spotter(two truck going out). later Robbie
Old 01-16-2008, 08:48 PM
Rising Sun Member

Hmmmm.... it sounds like a later flight out of Reno on Sunday would doable - but how late? Would 4p be cutting it too close?
"If you know what you're doing, then you aren't learning anything." - A. Lincoln
Old 01-17-2008, 01:27 PM
Rising Sun Member

Kevin, thanks for taking lead on this.
11 RX350
02 Kimberley Kamper

Old 01-17-2008, 01:35 PM
Hard Core 4+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle Ben View Post
Registration will begin soon! You can, however, register late, clear up to June 1.
So being a group of special kids like we are, does that mean we can register anytime up to June 1 or do we need to be sure to register early and not get shut out, like CM?

"To live is to suffer, to survive is to find some meaning in the suffering." -- Friedrich Nietzsche
Old 01-17-2008, 01:41 PM
Rising Sun Member

Send a message via AIM to Uncle Ben

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveInDenver View Post
So being a group of special kids like we are, does that mean we can register anytime up to June 1 or do we need to be sure to register early and not get shut out, like CM?
This has been done completly through Tony since the beginning so everything is on the up and up.....our group has our run and we have a say on who's in it! If you have other buds out there in TLCA land that we want in thats OK! It is a RS and friends of RS group! Plus it sounds like we will be close and or right behind our Norcal buddys so that make it one "he double hockey sticks" of a rolling dinner party! :
TLCA #3007
Northside!

Colorado Trail Patrol
Stay on the Trail!
I'm the God-fearing, gun-toting, American flag-waving, conservative you were warned about!
Quote:
Originally Posted by AxleIke View Post
I need an FJ40....
Quote:
Originally Posted by Red_Chili View Post
Cruisers are superior