Rising Sun Member Forums  

Go Back   Rising Sun Member Forums > Toyota 4x4 > Trip and Event Reports

Old 03-03-2008, 08:19 AM
Rising Sun Member

Wow. Looks like it was a busy trip with lots of opportunity to learn stuff. The pictures are great. I've not ever been to Moab, but it reminds me a bunch of the area around the San Juan river below Navajo Dam in northern New Mexico.
SOLD - 1971 FJ-40
TLCA #18941
Old 03-03-2008, 10:28 AM
Rising Sun Member

a few faves
Attached Images

KDØTIM
TLCA# 15572
TLCA Executive VP 2008-2011
CM Committee Member CM10, CM11
Old 03-03-2008, 11:05 AM
Rising Sun Member

Send a message via AIM to Uncle Ben

Cool! It's nice to see that Cheeseman got to do some drivin' too!
TLCA #3007
Northside!

Colorado Trail Patrol
Stay on the Trail!
I'm the God-fearing, gun-toting, American flag-waving, conservative you were warned about!
Quote:
Originally Posted by AxleIke View Post
I need an FJ40....
Quote:
Originally Posted by Red_Chili View Post
Cruisers are superior
Old 03-03-2008, 01:13 PM
Hard Core 4+

Thanks to Greg and Robbie for setting this up and showing us what and what not to do. I feel far more comfortable in my ability to lead some of the medium type trails as long as I don't get lost. Unfortunately I had to leave before the recovery class but will make it up when the next one is set up.

I will post my pictures tonight hopefully for all to see.

To all that posted pics already, thanks!! If possible could you guys send me the pics so I can add them to my 4x4 picture book? I am going to blow up the one that Tim took of Cheeseman............I mean Buca driving my truck, Sharon will love that.

I hope Buca wasn't to much of a burden to anyone and really appreciate all of you looking out for him. He loves trucks and always has to go to them, scary.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockRunner;
keys = Man that is a whole story

TLCA #6136
Going under the knife again !

85 4runner Marlin Ultimate 5" lift 40" MTR's Soft top and doors Towed to Moab by the Big Blue Whale, 07.5 Dodge Mega Cab Laramie 4" lift covered and chiped No more slow lane for me
Old 03-03-2008, 01:20 PM
Hard Core 4+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inukshuk View Post
How was the off-camber slab on Seven Mile Rim?

It SUCKED, I hated it and I did not like it

Does that tell you anything???? Seriously I do not like off-camber stuff, don't know the limit of my truck yet. I would like to find it sometime with the help of some people and a strap or two. Have to find the angle of no return

Quote:

TLCA #6136

85 4runner Marlin Ultimate 5" lift 40" MTR's Soft top and doors Towed to Moab by the Big Blue Whale, 07.5 Dodge Mega Cab Laramie 4" lift covered and chiped No more slow lane for me
Old 03-03-2008, 01:23 PM
Rising Sun Member

Buca was great, no worries.

Check out the link to my pics...when you are viewing a pic you can right click and save a version of the pic at 800 x 600 or click the "download this picture" on the right hand side and save a high quality version. There are a couple more good Buca pics driving your rig.

The off camber stuff did not bug me too much, but I was in the lowest center of gravity truck...the only time all weekend I had the advantage.

T

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockRunner View Post
Thanks to Greg and Robbie for setting this up and showing us what and what not to do. I feel far more comfortable in my ability to lead some of the medium type trails as long as I don't get lost. Unfortunately I had to leave before the recovery class but will make it up when the next one is set up.

I will post my pictures tonight hopefully for all to see.

To all that posted pics already, thanks!! If possible could you guys send me the pics so I can add them to my 4x4 picture book? I am going to blow up the one that Tim took of Cheeseman............I mean Buca driving my truck, Sharon will love that.

I hope Buca wasn't to much of a burden to anyone and really appreciate all of you looking out for him. He loves trucks and always has to go to them, scary.
KDØTIM
TLCA# 15572
TLCA Executive VP 2008-2011
CM Committee Member CM10, CM11
Old 03-03-2008, 01:39 PM
Hard Core 4+

You and me, Tom... I hate off camber too, with a passion. I have found the angle of no return. Unfortunately, the truck continued past it pretty quickly! The problem is, off road you hit that angle due to so many factors: rocks, dips, throttle, lack of throttle, side slip, you name it. Happens fast and then you are done. Go slow so it won't happen fast, and you can't romp on it to recover.

So I prefer to keep well clear of that point.
KDØRCH
Bio Page
I'm that gun-totin', farm-raised, evangelical, pro-environment, OHV ridin'/drivin', Southern civil rights pro-labor Liberal yo' momma told you couldn't possibly exist.
Old 03-03-2008, 02:08 PM
Rising Sun Member

Send a message via AIM to Uncle Ben

Jethro,
Dude your 80 looks sweet! I haven't seen it since you made it bigger. I'm liking the look of the Short Bus bumper more and more!
TLCA #3007
Northside!

Colorado Trail Patrol
Stay on the Trail!
I'm the God-fearing, gun-toting, American flag-waving, conservative you were warned about!
Quote:
Originally Posted by AxleIke View Post
I need an FJ40....
Quote:
Cruisers are superior
Old 03-03-2008, 02:10 PM
Hard Core 4+

Quote:
Originally Posted by timmbuck2 View Post
Buca was great, no worries.

Check out the link to my pics...when you are viewing a pic you can right click and save a version of the pic at 800 x 600 or click the "download this picture" on the right hand side and save a high quality version. There are a couple more good Buca pics driving your rig.

The off camber stuff did not bug me too much, but I was in the lowest center of gravity truck...the only time all weekend I had the advantage.

T
I did and I will, thanks some great shots. Glad to hear my Co-pilot wasn't to much trouble

Quote:

TLCA #6136

Old 03-03-2008, 02:11 PM
Hard Core 4+

Quote:
You and me, Tom... I hate off camber too, with a passion. I have found the angle of no return. Unfortunately, the truck continued past it pretty quickly! The problem is, off road you hit that angle due to so many factors: rocks, dips, throttle, lack of throttle, side slip, you name it. Happens fast and then you are done. Go slow so it won't happen fast, and you can't romp on it to recover.

So I prefer to keep well clear of that point.
I hear you load and clear, I just want to find that seat of the pants feel point so I don't back of to soon or ...............well you know.

Quote:

TLCA #6136